Montserrat, Sitges and Torres Wine Tour From Barcelona
Experience true Spanish tradition on this tour that takes you to the wine cellars of Torres, the 12th-century Royal Basilica of Montserrat & Sitges, on the Catalan coast.
- Visit the Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat in the Montserrat Mountains
- Learn about the wine making process of the Penedés wine region
- Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Catalan coast from the comfort of a coach
- Luxury motor coach
- Bilingual guide
- Admission ticket and guided visit to Torres Wine Cellars.
- Tasting of two glasses of wine & 4 typical liquors made by the monks of the monastery
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”
- Guided walking tour in Sitges.
- Food and Beverages
- Pick-up and drop off
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Depart from Barcelona in a comfortable coach and travel to Montserrat Mountain at a height of over 4,000 feet to visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat. The little monastery first gained fame and recognition when it started receiving pilgrims and visitors who spread the word of the miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Though the Monastery has modernized, it still caters to the needs of the pilgrims that stop here. You can also admire from a distance the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta, better known as the Black Madonna. The treasures within the monastery are almost as breathtaking as the views from it.
You will then be given 3 hours of free time to grab some lunch (not included in your visit) and maybe visit the audiovisual exhibition about the creation of Montserrat and its rich history, as well as getting to taste the typical liquors of the mountain, hand made at the monastery itself. Should the time of year be opportune, you may get to enjoy the beautiful performance by the Escolania of Montserrat, the children’s choir at the sanctuary.
Meet your guide at the appointed time and depart for Penedés, to visit the famous Torres Wine Cellars. After an audio visual introduction to the wineries of the Torres family and the routs of the family itself, you will board a small train and visit the vineyards of Mas La Plana so you can learn the secrets of the wine-making process, gain more knowledge about the features and installations of wineries in this region. Your visit will conclude with a tasting of two wines made in house as well as a full local appetizer-brunch.
Afterward, you will go on a guided tour of Sitges, one of the most beautiful villages of the Catalan coast, a popular tourist destination due to its beautiful beaches, narrow streets and vibrant culture & cuisine. After your guided tour of the picturesque village, feel free to visit the quaint towns and shops and enjoy the gorgeous beaches.
know before you go
This tour begins from the Julia Travels Office at 8 AM but you must check in 15 minutes before this time. The duration of this tour is approximately 11 hours.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Montserrat, being a mountain range, gets inclement weather depending on the season so you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold during certain times of the year.
Rules to be observed in the Sanctuary
The Basilica and Tabernacle of Our Lady:
- You may take photos inside the Basilica, provided you do so without flash and no services are being held.
- At the Throne of Our Lady, it is best not to take photos, as it slows down the queue and disturbs others.
- During acts of worship, we ask you not to enter the Basilica unless you wish to take part. Please wait until the services are finished.
- The Tabernacle of Our Lady is closed during services to make it easier for the faithful to take part and attain an ambiance of silence and prayer.
The Crypt, the Holy Chapel and the Tabernacle:
- These are places of worship. Please do not enter unless it is for devoting a few minutes of prayer and meditation.
- All museum visitors must act properly and safely at all times and they must not disturb others, hinder the normal operation of the museum or damage the museum facilities. Children must be accompanied by an adult responsible for their behaviour.
- Visitors may not enter the museum with bags, packages, suitcases or backpacks larger than 40 x 30 cm.
- Photographs may be taken without flash in the museum galleries. Taking photographs is prohibited in the temporary exhibitions, unless otherwise indicated. Tripods are not allowed.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the ticket redemption point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Oficina de Julià Travel.
- Address: dentro de la Estació del Nord, planta baja, delante del andén 19. Carrer d’Alí Bei 80.
- The closest bus stop is Barcelona Nord. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 1, 3, 405, 602, 603 and more to get you there.
- The closest metro station is Arc de Triomf. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board metro L1 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.