Small-Group Guided Auschwitz Birknenau Tour with Hotel Transfers
- Go on a small-group tour of the UNESCO-listed former Nazi concentration camp, Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- Listen to an expert guide's stories about the Jews and other groups who were imprisoned here.
- Tour the surviving buildings, watchtowers, crematoriums, and gas chambers.
- See the exhibitions that outline the story of what took place here.
- Pay your respects to the victims at the camp memorial.
- Make your way directly to and from the site with convenient hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in a minivan
- Expert English-speaking driver and guide
- Entrance tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Food and drinks
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24h before the schedule.
Set up in the early 1940s by the Nazis, Auschwitz was originally designed to house Polish political prisoners. When it extended to include the neighboring site of Birkenau, the area turned into an extermination camp for Jews. This is where 1.1 million people lost their lives.
Your tour begins with a hotel pick-up from Krakow. Once you reach the town of Oświęcim, start your exploration of one of the darkest chapters in European history. Enter the gate of the complex, and see the haunting sign, 'Arbeit macht frei' ('Work sets you free'). This is where inmates were tattooed, shaved, disinfected, and handed their striped prison uniforms. Follow your expert English-speaking guide through the buildings and exhibitions. Pay your respects to Holocaust victims, and listen to stories about the genocide that changed the world. Your guide will offer a sensitive tour with an insight into the life in the camps, and the many horrors that took place here. See some of the personal possessions that belonged to the prisoners - a reminder of what should never happen again. You will get to tour both the KL Auschwitz and KL Birkenau camps, as well as visit the remaining prison blocks, gas chambers, and crematoria buildings. At Birkenau, observe the remains of the railway ramp where the prisoners would be transported. At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off back at your hotel in Krakow.
know before you go
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking.
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering.
- This tour is not recommended for children under 13 years old. It is up to the parents or guardians to decide whether to let children attend or not.
- Baby carriages and luggage larger then 30 x 20 x 10cm are not permitted inside the museum.
- The condition to visit the museum is to have an identity card (ID or Passport).
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved in this tour.
- Photography is allowed.
- WiFi and cloakroom facilities are available.
- Start from Krakow: 1.5h travel
- Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau: 4-5h
- Auschwitz I (guided tour)
- Auschwitz II-Birkenau (guided tour): 1.5h
- Travel back to Kraków
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel, hostel or apartment in Krakow.
- If your accommodation is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- Note: The time you chose is the approximate time of pickup from your hotel/accommodation. Depending on the location, the time may change by about 30 minutes.
- Your driver will inform you or the reception about the exact pickup time around 8:30 PM on the day before departure.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive outside your hotel/accommodation, or in the lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time. The driver will come by minivan.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.