Auschwitz Birkenau & Salt Mine: 1 Day Tour from Krakow
Journey from Krakow into one of the more poignant pages of history on your visit to the infamous concentration camp, Auschwitz Birkenau. Marvel at the work of former miners who carve life into the Wieliczka Salt Mines.
- Enjoy comfortable bus transfers to Krakow’s most famous historic monuments
- Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau museum, the largest Nazi concentration camp
- See the barracks the prisoners used to live in, their pictures and personal belongings
- At the centuries-old Wieliczka Salt Mine, skip the lines and walk right in
- Descend into the maze of chambers and admire salt monuments and shrines that date back to the 13th century
- Understand the historical significance of both places with the help of an expert English-speaking guide
- Expert English-speaking guide
- English-speaking bus driver
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Skip-the-line tickets to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Skip-the-line tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum
- Round trip air-conditioned transportation from Krakow
- 1 hour break
- Food and drinks
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
To start off, enjoy a convenient journey to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum. As the largest Nazi concentration camp, this somber structure is bound to give you an insight into the dark days of European history. Over 1.1 million people died here during World War II and the Holocaust. Your guide will take you inside the camps, and tell you about how they functioned on a day-to-day basis and their effects on post-war Europe. See the gas chambers, the barracks the prisoners lived in, and the many pictures and personal belongings of the prisoners here. Walk in the footsteps that came before you in the concentration camps of both Auschwitz and Auschwitz II - Birkenau.
From here, make your way to the underground salt mine of Wieliczka. En route, you will enjoy a tasty packed meal. At the entrance of the Salt Mine, skip the long lines and explore the complex labyrinth of tunnels and chambers that are distributed across nine levels, up to 327 meters underground. As you descend into the passageways and admire the hundreds of kilometers of galleries with works of art, chapels, and statues sculpted in salt, your guide will tell you fascinating stories about the place.
know before you go
know before you go
- The pace and duration of the tours are determined by the memorial’s visitor service. Hence, pick up time/duration of the tour are subject to change.
- This tour is not entirely wheelchair accessible
- There are 800 steps on the way in the Salt Mine, including 380 right at the start
- In the mine, the temperature is about 14 degrees, so make sure to wear warm clothing
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is plenty of walking involved
- To listen to the guide, you will receive a headset
- Bear in mind that eating, smoking and acting in a loud manner are not allowed at Auschwitz-Birkenau
- You are allowed to take photos only in selected parts of the Museum. Flash photography is forbidden
Ages 4yrs and below go free. Ages 5-17yrs and college students who are 18-25yrs of age enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at 14 Straszewskiego St, Kraków
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply click on the link below
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Bus: #669 to Filharmonia
- Filharmonia: 1 & 2 to Filharmonia
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout