Arena di Verona: Skip-the-Line Guided Tour
Get skip-the-line access to the Verona Arena and enjoy a guided tour of the ancient Roman monument that is still active as a concert venue!
- Avoid the long queues outside the Verona Arena with this priority access ticket.
- Check out a UNESCO World Heritage Site with an expert English or Italian-speaking guide.
- Listen to stories seldom told, and visualize the great gladiator fights of the Roman Empire.
- Expert English or Italian-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Verona Arena
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Meet your expert local guide directly at Piazza Bra. Together, you will begin your 30-minute express tour of the famous Arena: the great Roman amphitheater of Verona, which could seat 30,000 spectators back in the day. Skip the long ticketing lines here with your priority ticket and enter the magnificent structure. Your guide will tell you all about the construction of the Arena - which dates back to 30 AD, what it was used for in ancient times, its value now, and the many legends that surround it.
Stroll under the old marble arcades and visualize the stories of gladiators and of the ancient Roman games that used to take place here. See the well-preserved ‘Ala’, which is the only piece remaining of the outer third circle that survived the earthquake of 1117. The Arena is still the city’s favorite open-air Opera hall today, thanks to its unique sound quality and history. Nowadays, it is famous for the Opera season that started in 1913 with the world-famous Aida. From the top of the Arena, enjoy a 360° view of the beautiful Piazza Bra. Make sure to carry your camera with you!
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English Tour
- Italian Tour
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is guaranteed with a minimum number of 2 participants.
- If the group is equal to or greater than 6 participants, you will be provided with free disposable earphones to ensure the distances between the guide and the participants.
Infants aged 0-5 can go for free. Children aged 6-13, as well as youths aged 14-17, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the Arena ticket office (museum entrance) GATE 5 - above the stairs.
- The guide will have a yellow umbrella.
- Address: P.za Bra, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- A4 Serenissima Milan - Venice motorway, take the Verona Sud exit.
- A22 Brennero - Modena, reach the junction with the A4 towards Venice with the Verona Sud exit.
- When you arrive at the motorway exit, follow the signs with the words "all directions" and then head for the center.
Public buses (colored blue) link the center of Verona to the towns and villages around (and Lake Garda). The bus station is right opposite the train station (APTV Service) and there are routes and timetables here.
The main train station is Verona Porta Nuova, which has the Milan-Venice and Brennero-Rome mainline. Direct and InterCity trains run from all the northern Italian cities throughout the day; traveling times include Padua - 40 minutes, Vicenza - 30 minutes, Venice - 90 minutes, Milan - two hours, and Rome - five hours.
Verona international airport (Airport Catullo in Villafranca) is some 10km southwest of the center of Verona. A shuttle bus to and from the airport runs every 20 minutes or so from 6:10 AM to 11:30 PM. The airport bus stops at Porta Nuova Railway Station. Brescia Montichiari Airport (some 52km from Verona) has a shuttle bus running twice a day, morning and evening to Porta Nuova Railway Station.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.