Anne Frank Story & Neighbourhood Walking Tour
Walk back in time and witness Anne Frank’s life with this tour. Listen to the story about her diary and how it came to be published, and visit the house she lived in before she went into hiding!
- Walk in the footsteps of Anne Frank as you set out to discover her life before the annex.
- Enjoy the confines of a small tour group (no more than 12 guests) and an expert tour guide.
- Learn all about Anne Frank as you notice the places she visited often and the house she grew up in.
- This tour occurs in south Amsterdam, constructed in the 1920s, based on revolutionary ideas of city planning.
- Visit her school, the book shop she often frequented to, and the house where Miep Gies lived in.
- Explore the synagogues and memorials post-tour on your own, at your own pace.
- Upgrade your ticket to include access to the Jewish Cultural Quarter.
- Note: This ticket does not include entry into the Anne Frank House.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- 1.5-hr walking tour
- Small tour group (12 guests or less)
- Jewish Cultural Quarter ticket (without guide)
- Map with Jewish Quarter highlights and walking routes
- Entry into the Anne Frank House
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
That Anne Frank lived in a warehouse in Nazi-occupied Amsterdam and became famous for her diary that described her world, is well known. Less known is her life as a young girl who moved from Germany to Amsterdam. Her father, fearing for the safety of his family, took them to Amsterdam, where he hoped they would be safe from Hitler. They arrived in 1934 and settled in a house in Merwedeplein and it is from here that you will begin your walking tour.
Explore the places that were important to Anne Frank during her childhood. See the school she went to, the book shop she bought her famous diary from, and visit the house where Miep Gies (the woman who handed the diary over to Otto Frank) lived back then. This tour occurs in south Amsterdam; get acquainted with a part of the city that you would otherwise not see, as a tourist. Your tour ends at Square Victorieplein.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- Anne Frank Story & Neighborhood Walking Tour
- Anne Frank Story & Neighborhood Walking Tour + Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as there is plenty of walking involved in this tour (approx. 1.5 hours).
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- This tour does not grant you entry into the Anne Frank House but shows you the area where she lived as a child.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Please ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide in front of the statue of Anne in Square Merwedeplein.
- Address: Merwedeplein 61, Amsterdam South.
- This is not near the Anne Frank House/Museum, the location is in the area where she lived before the Annex.
- You can reach this square with tramways 4 or 12.
- Get down at stop Waalstraat and then take a left to square.
- From the tram stop the meeting point is 350 meters away.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.