Amsterdam Light Festival: Drinks & Bites Cruise
Cruise away on a heated canal boat and catch views of the incredible Amsterdam Light Festival while treating yourself to delicious appetizers and drinks!
- Experience Amsterdam’s historic canals all lit up, thanks to the Amsterdam Light Festival.
- Your boat tour includes onboard commentary in English and Dutch from an audio guide.
- As you sail, snack on cheeses, sausages, and nuts while sipping on beer, wine, or soft drinks.
- Sit comfortably inside a heated boat and check out beautiful light sculptures, projections, and installations.
- 90-minute canal cruise
- A local charcuterie plate with cured meats, a variety of cheeses, and nuts
- Drinks (beer, wine, or soft drinks)
- Audio guide in English and Dutch
- Free WiFi onboard
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Picture yourself on a boat on the Amstel River, seeing Amsterdam illuminated with spectacular light artworks. What's more, you get to munch on snacks and sip on your favorite drinks along the way. That is exactly what we have in store for you on this 90-minute boat tour of the Amsterdam Light Festival!
From the heated boat, enjoy unparalleled views of the light art while you relax and take in the glowing sights. The almost 6-km-long route is designed in such a way that you can see all the works of art, both on the quay and along the canals. Onboard, you'll find snacks such as cheeses, sausages, and nuts. Drinks are also included; options include wine, beer, and soft drinks.
Starting at Prins Hendrikkade, the canal boat takes you through the Weesperbuurt and Plantage neighborhoods, where you can find all the art on display. You also have the company of an audio guide (available in English and Dutch) that fills you in on the back story behind each beautiful light installation.
know before you go
- Waiting time can occur even with a timeslot due to large crowds.
- All participants over 12 years old must present either proof of full vaccination or a negative test taken no more than 24 hours before the activity starts.
- Everyone is expected to bring a valid form of ID (e.g. passport, driver's license, identity card, student card, etc).
- See the Festival of Lights route map here.
Daily at 4pm.
Children aged 4-13 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the boarding point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
- Your boarding point is at Lovers Canal Cruises Boating Point.
- Address: Prins Hendrikkade 25, in front of Central Station, Amsterdam.
The quay of Lovers Canal Cruises lies opposite Amsterdam Central Station, between the LOVERS shop and the GVB Tickets & Info. It is, therefore, easily accessible by metro, tram, and bus.
- Tram: Lines 2, 12, 13, and 17 stop at Amsterdam, Centraal Station.
- Metro: Lines 51, 53, and 54 stop at Centraal Station.
- Bus: The Union Ivkoni - Unibus stops at Amsterdam Prins Hendrikplantsoen, which is located directly in front of the boarding point.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.