Athens to Meteora Day Trip by Train
Make your way to the awe-inspiring “rocks that hover on air”, and the Eastern Orthodox monasteries resting steadfastly on them for centuries. Get ready for a day full of admiring the perfect mix of natural and man-made wonders.
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage listed site that gets 2+ million annual visitors.
- Discover millenia-old secrets and myths straight from an expert local guide.
- Take in the view of all the six monasteries, and admire one or two from within.
- Enjoy the sights of the beautiful Kalampaka town, riding in a luxury VIP minibus.
- Be assured of hassle-free transport with roundtrip tickets from Athens.
- Take some time to explore Kalampaka on your own, after the drop off at the train station.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Athens to Meteora
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka’s train station
- English speaking local tour guide
- Seeing all the monasteries and entering one or two
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes included
- Transfer to the Athens railway station
- Entrance fees of each monastery (3 EUR per person)
- Professional tour guide (available upon request)
- Personal travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Audio guide
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before schedule.
Meteora - Greek for “suspended in the air”- is an apt name for this incredible combination of nature’s raw beauty and mankind’s determination.
Get aboard the early morning Athens train, armed with roundtrip tickets and sit back to enjoy a scenic ride to Kalampaka. Once there, you will embark on a 5 hour tour with the English-speaking local guide waiting for you. Travel through the splendid Greek countryside to feast your eyes on all the six monasteries, as your guide regales you with their tales, history, secrets and myths. You will also get the chance to enter one or two of the monasteries.
After the tour, you will be dropped off at the Kalampaka train station at about 16:45. With your train’s departure scheduled at 17:15, you will have about an hour to explore the town on your own.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Daily from 7:20 AM.
- The tour is accessible by prams or strollers, but not by wheelchairs.
- You are allowed to bring outside food and drinks.
- You can take photos, but flash photography and tripods are not allowed.
Strict dress code is imposed to enter the Meteora monasteries. Men and women must cover their knees and shoulders; no sleeveless shirts or blouses. Men must wear trousers and women must wear long skirts (long skirts are available at the entrance of each monastery).
Infants aged 3 and under go free. Children aged 4-15 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo. ID proof for verification.
- Meet your tour guide at the Kalampaka’s train station at 11:30 AM.
- Address : Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
- Take the 7:20 AM train to Kalampaka (on your own) from the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larissis), using the e-tickets you will receive.
- The tour leader will be waiting for you at Kalampaka’s train station holding a signboard with your name.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.