Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan
Visit the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, one of the largest aquariums in the world with these all-day access tickets. A vast complex that is home to 27 tanks and over 630 species in total, the aquarium exhibits a wide array of species, ranging from otters and penguins to whale sharks and manta rays. It further includes certain reptiles and amphibians that are specific to the Pacific Rim.
- Enjoy this all-day access to the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, the most popular aquarium in Japan.
- With over 30,000 aquatic animals of 630 species spread across 15 zones and 27 tanks, this aquatic excursion will be an experience worth remembering. -Wave at the amilable seals in the Arctic zone that also houses the world's largest dome-shaped ceiling tank. Gently caress rays and sharks in the Maldives zone, and hear the distinct squawks of the rockhopper penguins at the Falkland Island zone.
- With tickets that are valid for 180 days, you can plan a flexible itinerary with ease and visit the aquarium anytime you want.
- All-day admission into the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan
- Access to all 15 zones
- Transfers to/from attraction
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
what to expect
what to expect
Not only is the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan one amongst the world’s largest, it is also Japan’s most notable aquarium. Since it is home to aquatic animals from Japan, the Pacific, and beyond, the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan is also an immersive learning experience about their charismatic ways of life. You may rent an audio guide to delve into the ocean of knowledge (literally) and pick up interesting facts about the animals that thrive before you.
Organized into 15 zones, the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan houses over 30,000 animals that represent various environments in the Pacific Rim. The zones are arranged in a cascading fashion, starting with the “Japan Forest” and descending all the way down to the “Pacific Ocean”. This aquarium is known for its diverse display of otters, manta rays, penguins, and sharks in its many zones.
Pay a visit to the exotic seals in the Arctic zone which is also known for housing the world’s largest dome-shaped ceiling tank. Wave at the rockhopper penguins in the Falkland Island zone and interact with rays and sharks in the Maldives zone. Saving the best for last, the Pacific Ocean zone is where one would go to marvel at the world’s largest fish, the whale shark. The aquarium is built specifically to make the animals feel comfortable, which further makes for a very informative experience for all visitors alike.
know before you go
know before you go
- This ticket is available to non-Japanese passport holders alone. Japanese passport holders may purchase tickets at the ticket booking location on-site.
- Ensure you fill out the correct age while purchasing this ticket. This cannot be modified after purchase.
- Audio guides are available to rent at the Kaiyukan Information Counter at a fee of JPY500.
- Wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- The security has increased in Kaiyukan and surrounding areas post the G20 Summit in Osaka 2019. Baggage will be checked before entering the aquarium.
Use public transportation as much as you can while visiting Kaiyukan. Traffic regulations are enforced due to the G20 summit and therefore, temporary traffic restrictions may be in place.
The Aquarium is open from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day. However, the last entry time is 7:00 PM.
Reduced Priced Tickets
- Entry for children below the age of 3 is free.
- Preschool children tickets (4-6 years) are available at a reduced price of JPY600.
- Children tickets (7-15 years) is available at a reduced price of JPY 1200.
- Senior citizen tickets (60+ years) is available at a reduced price of JPY 2000.
Please select the correct profile type for your group during checkout. Warning: Ensure to carry a valid ID of each group member if you select reduced priced tickets during checkout.
The aquarium is located at Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Minato Ward, Kaigandori, 1 Chome−1−10.
5 min walk from Chuo Line Osakako Station Exit 1
- Via bus route no. 88: 45 minutes from Osaka Station
- Via bus route no. 60: 40 minutes from Namba Station
By Shuttle Ferry
Board the Captain Line fast shuttle ferry to the Universal City Port. This is 10 minutes away from Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan.
Your mobile voucher will be sent to your email shortly. Please display your vouchers on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the main entrance.
Your tickets are valid for 180 days from the date of purchase.