Underground Venice: Legends & Ghosts of Venice
Feel like Indiana Jones, as you explore Venice’s mysterious catacombs with just a candle illuminating the way. Learn about the incredible history of the crypts from the professional guide accompanying you!
- Visit a mysterious underground crypt hidden away beneath Venice
- Choose to conduct the tour in English, French, or Spanish
- A small group tour of 15 people ensures you enjoy a fairly private tour experience
- Explore two of Venice’s sestieri or districts, as you walk through its hidden alleys and streets
- Learn about the unexplained mysteries of the city, including stories of revenge, curses, and apparitions
You will be taken on a tour through one of Venice’s forgotten and spooky underground crypts. The tour will be done in the light of a candle, adding to the mystery. Your guide will explain the significance of the catacombs, and how they are considered a place of worship and reverence. You will discover a number of frescoes depicting spiritual images as you explore some of its most eerie and darkest corners. Soon, you will find yourself surrounded by skulls and a skeleton in a tiny alcove, seemingly abandoned and far away from being accessible by ordinary people.
You will explore some of the hidden places in Venice, and hear chilling stories and mysteries surrounding these areas. Tales of ghosts, curses, revenge, and apparitions from the guide promise to keep you thoroughly attentive and entertained!
- Qualified Guide in 3 Languages
- Headsets (if necessary)
- Small-Group Tour
- Hotel Transfers
- Food and Drinks
- Visit to Underground Crypt
Know Before You Go
In the next step of your booking, choose the desired language of the tour:
- English Tour
- French Tour
- Spanish Tour
- A minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 15 people are allowed per booking.
- The tour will also take place in case of rain, so please bring along a raincoat in case of bad weather. In the case of exceptionally high tide, the tur may be canceled and a refund will be provided
- Please wear comfortable shoes since there will be a significant amount of walking during the tour
Winter (1 Nov 2019 – 31 Mar 2020): Thu, Fri, and Sat at 5.00 pm
Summer (1 April 2020 – 31 Oct 2020): Thu, Fri, and Sat at 7.00 pm
The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: April 25, May 1, July 18, August 15
English, French, Spanish
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the schedule.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is - Santa Lucia Railway Station
- Your guide will be waiting for you down the stairs under the green clock situated on the right side
- To locate the point on Google Maps, search for - Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia
- These Bus lines stop near Venezia Santa Lucia Railway Station: 19, 5, 80, 84, 8E.
- These Train lines stop near Venezia Santa Lucia Railway Station: R, RV.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during booking.