Palace of Versailles Entry Ticket with Audioguide
With your basic entry ticket to the Palace of Versailles, tour the magnificent Grand Apartments and visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors as your audio guide demystifies some of the Palace’s most enticing secrets. On this tour, you will also get an optional entry to the King's Private Apartments with the palace's official guide.
- Tour the magnificent Grand Apartments as your audio guide demystifies some of the Palace’s most enticing secrets.
- Visit the stunning Hall of Mirrors - a corridor filled with 357 mirrors that majestically reflect the gardens through arched windows.
- Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette.
- Get a complimentary Palace of Versailles Visitor Guide packed with information that will help you plan your Versailles visit.
- Explore the private apartments of the King with an optional tour.
- Priority Access
- Live Guide
- Entrance to the Gardens on Fountain Show and Musical Show days (Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays)
- Access to Marie-Antoinette’s Estate
- Transportation to/from Paris
- Optional Exclusive tour of King's Private Apartments
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
what to expect
Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of the infamous King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Designed to protect the ornate walls and ceilings from smoke, the hall’s 357 mirrors were strategically placed to reflect the light of candles. With just a few flames, the reflection from so many mirrors was enough to light up the whole hall! After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. At the Carrosses Gallery, travel back in time as you explore carriages, coaches, sculptures and other artifacts left behind by the French Monarch.
If you’re short on time or would prefer to skip the long entry lines, a Versailles skip-the-line entry ticket will allow you to save anywhere from 1-3 hours of waiting.
If you happen to visit the Palace on a Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday, consider opting for a Versailles Passport ticket and catch one of the famous water fountain and musical shows.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walk its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
know before your go
- Please note that masks are mandatory
- Starting times apply for the Palace entrance alone
- Your ticket gives you access to the most famous places within the royal estate, including the Castle, Park, plus entry to any exhibitions on show at the time of your visit
- However, please know that depending on the day of your visit, there may be a security wait of anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours
- If you’re short on time and would prefer to skip the long lines, a Versailles skip-the-line entry ticket will allow you to save your time
- This ticket does not include access to the gardens on the days of the Musical Fountains and Musical Gardens Show (Tue, Fri, Sat & Sun)
- You need to download a free app to use the audio guide service. Check the official page to know more
- Available in 11 languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian
Admission is free for children below the age of 18 and for EU citizens below the age of 26
Availability: 9.30 AM, 1.30 PM, and 4.30 PM
All Mondays, 25 Dec & 1 Jan
It takes approximately 2-3 hours to tour the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, and Park. However, your ticket grants admission until closing, on the day of your visit
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Kindly arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your experience to avoid any delays
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at 'Entrance A' of the Palace, the Dufour Pavilion
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, you must show your valid photo id proof for verification. Students must show their valid student ID proofs.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Entrance A, the DUFOUR PAVILION is located on the top left side of the Cour d'Honneur Courtyard, near the Golden Gate that separates the Cour d'Honneur from the Royal Courtyard
- You will arrive at the Cour d'Honneur Courtyard from the main entrance gate
- Looking at the Palace from the front, the Dufour Pavilion will be on your front left
- To locate the Palace on Google Maps, simply search for - Palace of Versailles
- The Palace of Versailles is located only 30 minutes from central Paris. The main entrance to the Palace of Versailles is by the Cour d'Honneur
- To reach by train, you have several options
- Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace
- From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau
- From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château
- You can find RER and SNCF trains schedule at www.transilien.com
- For more information on Public Transportation in Paris click here
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the booking