Skip the Line: Versailles Palace & Gardens Guided Tour from Paris
Travel to the sumptuous Palace of Versailles in an air-conditioned tour bus and explore this magnificent World Heritage site at your own pace with an audio guide! Stroll through the lush palace gardens after your tour of the interiors and admire the wide array of fountains, statues, and exotic flower beds.
- Gain exclusive skip-the-line access to the palace and explore various intriguing parts of the palace such as the Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Apartments, the Coronation Room, and the Royal Gardens designed by the renowned André Le Nôtre.
- Learn more about the palace and its history on this self-guided tour with your audio guide, which is available in 11 different languages, including Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- A luxurious, air-conditioned coach will pick you up from the meeting point in Paris and drop you back after the tour, which lasts for about 4 hours.
- Tickets to the Hall of Mirrors and the Royal Apartments are included in the package, however, access to the gardens is not included on all days.
Skip the Long Lines and Begin Exploring the Palace Immediately
With this ticket, you can skip the long lines and dive right into exploring the opulent palace halls and rooms as soon as you reach your destination. Deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Palace of Versailles received a whopping 7,700,000 tourists in 2017, making it one of the most visited sites in Paris alongside the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. The palace has spacious hallways with several beautiful and intricate sculptures lining the walls. Your audio guide will help you understand the significance of many of these artefacts as you explore the monument.
Admire Some of the Most Lavish Areas of the Palace
The King’s Grand Apartment, the Queen’s Grand Apartment, and the Coronation Room are some of the palace’s most gorgeous areas to visit. The Apartment of the King consists of seven interconnected salons, each dedicated to a classical Roman or Greek deity. The salons house some of the most amazing paintings from the Renaissance era, such as the painting of Mercury in his Chariot by Jean Baptiste de Champaigne in the Salon of Mercury, and the Meal at the House of Simon the Pharisee by Paolo Veronese in the Salon of Hercules. You will also have time to explore the famous Hall of Mirrors, a vast hall where guests were received and entertained.
Stroll through the Royal Gardens after your Palace Tour
Designed by André Le Nôtre under the aegis of Louis XIV, the garden in the Versailles Palace is home to over 200 statues, innumerable fountains, sprawling flower beds, and serene ponds. It is an excellent place to relax after your tour of the palace interiors. The garden comes alive with activity in the summer months when various events such as the Grandes Eaux are organized.
At the end of this tour, you would have explored and learnt about one of Paris’ grandest palaces. You can get back on the tour bus once you are done looking around and head back to the drop-off point in a comfortable coach.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Palace of Versailles and its gardens (on applicable days).
- Entry tickets for the Royal Apartments and the Hall of Mirrors.
- Round trip transfers from Paris.
- Luxurious, air-conditioned coach.
- Audio guide for the Palace of Versailles.
- Exclusive Headout Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide
- Hotel transfers.
Know Before You Go
There is no admission to the Palace of Versailles gardens on the following dates:
- No entry on bank holidays and ‘Musical Fountain Display’ days - Saturday and Sunday from March 31st to October 28th 2018, Tuesdays from May 22nd to June 26th 2018, and Friday, March 30th, 2018.
- No entry on certain holidays - May 8th, May 10th, and August 15th.
- No entry on ‘Musical Gardens’ days - Every Tuesday from March 27 to May 15, 2018 (except Tuesday May 1st and Tuesday May 8th).
- No entry on every Tuesday from July 3 to October 30, 2018 and every Friday from April 6 to October 26, 2018.
The tour runs on all days of the week except Monday. The tour is scheduled at 8:45 AM and 2:00 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
On Thursday and Sunday, the tour runs at 8:45 AM only.
Please check the calendar before booking your tickets.
The duration of the tour is approximately 4 hours.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children below the age of three will be admitted free of cost.
- Children aged between 3 and 17 will be allowed to enter with a reduced ticket rate of 29 €.
The tour begins at PARISCityVISION Agency, 2 rues des Pyramides 75001 Paris.
By Metro: You can hop on the metro and get off at the Pyramides Station. The departure point is a 4-minute walk from the station.
Chinese | English | French | German | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish
You are advised to wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a lot of walking.
Those with reduced mobility might find it challenging to visit the palace. The palace, however, is wheelchair accessible to some extent.
Photography without flash is allowed inside the premises. Strollers are not allowed.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
The tour guide was knowledgeable and professional.
They met the expectations perfectly
The service was great, which made the tour really good.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
You will receive your mobile ticket by email shortly. You may display your ticket on your mobile phone at the meeting point on the day of the experience.
These tickets are valid for the date selected at the time of the booking.
PARISCityVISION Agency, 2 rue des Pyramides, Paris