Ngong Ping Cable Car Experience
Ride the Ngong Ping Cable Car and witness panoramic breathtaking views all around you. Delve into a soaring experience and enjoy the 5.7 km picturesque journey.
Ngong Ping Cable Car Highlights
- Enjoy the visually spectacular 5.7km bi-cable ropeway.
- Take in 360-degree panoramic views on your Ngong Ping Cable Car experience
- 25-minute cable car ride from Tung Chung to North Lantau
- Choose from a range of tickets and pick the experience that best suits you.
Your Ngong Ping Cable Car Experience
Ngong Ping Cable Car is a visually spectacular 5.7km bi-cable ropeway. As the first of its kind Hong Kong tourist destination, the cable car journey begins from Tung Chung, crossing Tung Chung Bay to reach the angle station on Airport Island and turning about 60 degrees in the air towards North Lantau.
Visitors looking for something to complete their Hong Kong tourist attractions list will enjoy some of the best views during their joyful 25-minute ride: the vistas of the distant and vast South China Sea and the rolling grassland slopes of North Lantau Country Park from the cable car slowly take over from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The journey also offers a breathtaking panorama of the Hong Kong International Airport, verdant, mountainous terrain of Lantau Island, Tian Tan Buddha and the 360-degree view of Ngong Ping Plateau.
Know Before You Go
In order to ensure that more guests can be accommodated for the Lunar new year, the cable car experience will be under maintenance for the following dates:
- 22nd - 23rd Jan 2019
- 5th - 8th Feb Feb 2019: 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- 9th -10th Feb 2019: 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
- 11th - 15th Feb 2019: 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Child Ticket: Ages 3-11. Children of 3-11 must be accompanied by an adult.
Please Carry: A valid photo ID is essential. We also recommend an umbrella, a water bottle, and sunscreen.
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm. Departures occur once in 30 minutes.
Please Note: You must redeem your e-voucher for physical tickets at Tung Chung Cable car terminal.
Please Note: This special discount is for foreign visitors only.
Cable Car Options
- Standard Cabin: This standard cable car experience offers the guests unhindered 360-degree views and allows them to take in the rich green landscape of Ngong Ping.
- Crystal Cabin: A cable car cabin with a glass bottom, the Crystal Cabin allows you to get a unique perspective by adding the elements of height. This bird’s eye experience allows you to take in breathtaking views of the surroundings and gives you the sensation of floating.
- Round Trip Crystal and Standard Cabin: One way in a standard cabin and the other in a crystal cabin
- Round Trip Crystal Cabin: Two-way travel by the Crystal Cabin
- Round Trip Standard Cabin: Two-way travel by the Standard Cabin
- Single Trip Crystal Cabin: One way trip by the Crystal Cabin
- Single Trip Standard Cabin: One way trip by the Standard Cabin
Strict Cancellation Policy
* These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
Basically, everything worked quite good. It would have been great if you had offered a possibilty to add the ticket to the iphone wallet, or at least a downloadable PDF. Also a few hints as which row to choose and that it is recommended to show the ticket reservation to the people who select the line for you at a very early stage would gave been helpful. As I mentioned, it worked quite good anyway. Despite being in the wrong line, everybody is as super helpful and friendly.
I had such a great time on the cable ride, I hope I get to do it again in the future.
The views are picturesque, make sure you have a great camera with you to do justice to the trip. Lovely experience.
You will receive an email with your voucher. No need to print. You can show the mobile voucher at the ticketing counter. Please carry a valid Photo Id for identification.
Tung Chung Station, Ngong Ping