Palace of Versailles Priority Access Tour from Paris with Transportation
Travel in a comfortable air conditioned shuttle from Paris to Versailles and skip the long lines with priority entry to visit the must-see Versailles Palace. Hang out there for the entire day with our local expert who knows all the secrets of the Palace and its Gardens before heading back to Paris.
- Enjoy stress-free round trip travel from Paris to Versailles in a comfortable air conditioned coach.
- Avoid long queues with exclusive skip-the-line escorted access with a host.
- With this 7 hour tour, you're sure to experience the best of Versailles.
- Get access to the breathtaking Musical Gardens/ Fountain Shows (optional).
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The exquisite Palace of Versailles is one of the most extraordinary achievements in 17th century European art. Situated just 30 minutes outside Paris, in the village of Versailles, this elaborate complex once thrived as an epicenter of political power for the Kingdom of France.
Today, the Palace, also known as Château de Versailles, contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares. Illustrating more than five centuries of French history, the Palace not only houses remarkable works of art - it stands as a work of art itself. One of the most ornately designed rooms of all, the Hall of Mirrors features 357 mirrors, including seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows overlooking the gardens. The Versailles Palace Gardens span an impressive 250 acres, and continue to thrive as a beautifully manicured plot with 400 sculptures and 1,400 fountains.
Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walks its gardens. A place of immense beauty, Versailles stands as a symbol of France’s monarchy and its glorious history.
What to Expect on Your Versailles Priority Access Escorted Tour
Avoid the hassle and stress of planning your travel from Paris to Versailles; with these tickets, we’ll sort out the logistics! After boarding the bus at one of the convenient locations of Gare du Nord, Opera, or Champs Elysees, travel to the palace and begin your visit outdoors as you stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains. Take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture as your guide explains the history of the Palace.
Your guide will then escort you to the Castle entrance, where you will get to bypass the tediously long queue and make your way directly into the Palace. Once inside, enjoy access to the most famous places within the Castle with your audioguide for company, providing you insight and information in up to eleven languages! Explore the ornate King and Queen's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and peek into the private lives of King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Connecting the two aisles of the palace, the impressive hall has been deemed one of Louis XIV’s best contributions to the Palace. Historically, it is also where the Treaty of Versailles was signed in 1919, ending WWI.
Once your visit is winding down, meet up with your host and return to Paris in your own time, allowing for another activity in the afternoon, or a longer visit at Versailles.
- Skip The Line Escorted entry to the Palace of Versailles
- Audioguide inside the palace
- Transportation to/from Paris in a comfortable air conditioned coach (3 pickup points)
- Trilingual tour host
- Access to Musical Gardens/ Fountain Shows (optional)
- Guided tour of Versailles Palace
- Access to Marie Antoinette's Estate of Trianon
Know Before You Go
Palace of Versailles Hours
Everyday, except Mondays, the Palace opens at 9 am and closes at 6:30 pm. Last entry is at 6 pm. The Trianon Estate and the Carrosses Gallery open in the afternoon, at 12 pm and 12:30 pm respectively. Both close at 6:30 pm.
Gardens of Versailles Hours
Open daily from 8 am to 8:30 pm during high season (April - October) and from 8 am to 6 pm in low season (November to March).
Pick up Points.
- Gare du Nord (83, Rue Maubeuge, facing the bakery)- 10:10 AM
- Opera (11, Avenue de l'Opera - Big Bus Information Center)- 10:30 AM
- Arc de Triomphe/Etoile (2, Avenue Foch, next to the traffic light, by the Duplex night club)- 10:50 AM
Versailles Priority Access Full Day Escorted Tours with Transport are available Tuesday through Sunday. Tours begin from the meeting points in Paris (mentioned above). All guests are kindly requested to arrive no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled pick up time from the respective pick up points.
Upon arrival, the host will guide you to the group entrance of the castle and will help you bypass the lines saving you upto 2 hours. In addition, having pre-booked tickets online, you will also avoid the hassle of having to wait in line at the on-site ticket box office. Keep in mind that all visitors, regardless of ticket type or vendor, are still required to pass through security.
When to Visit
During high season, from April through October, it is recommended to visit the Palace early in the morning, right when it opens. Tuesdays and weekends generally see the most traffic, especially on days of water fountain shows.
Your full-day escorted tour of the royal estate will last approximately 7 hours from the time of pickup. You will visit the formal gardens in the morning and the main palace around noon.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
The full-day tour is amazing! We got to see so much. The sculptures and paintings are so beautiful. I was blown away by Versailles.
I loved the gardens and the fountain looks fantastic. This is one of the most beautiful places I have seen during our vacation in Paris.
I am so glad we went for the priority access pass, we did not have wait in the long queue. Plus, we had such a great tour guide. He made sure we were having a good time.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• Upon confirmation of your booking, you will receive your voucher in a separate email instantly.
• On the day of your Versailles experience, display your voucher via mobile phone to your host upon boarding the shuttle at one of the three pick up points given above. Please read the pickup point info correctly.
• Upon arrival, your guide will escort you to the entrance of the Castle. Bypass the entry line and make your way through security to begin your tour.
• Please arrive at the pick up point no later than 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Your tickets are valid only for the booked date and time.
83 Rue de Maubeuge, 75010 Paris, France, Paris
- The access is free except during Musical Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 5.30pm on 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 21, and 28 July, 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18 and 25 August.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6pm on 30 October.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6.30pm on 8 and 9 July.