Skip the Line Ticket to Basilica of Saint Denis
Skip your way past the long ticketing lines and discover the royal abbey of Saint-Denis which defined the Gothic style of architecture.
- Witness the transition from the Romanesque to the Gothic style at the Basilica of Saint-Denis which is a defining structure of the Gothic period
- With skip the line access, you can save up on precious time by gaining direct entry into the Basilica
- Observe the genius of Abbot Suger who turned the church into an architectural marvel with stained glass windows, flying buttresses, rib vaulted ceilings, and pointed arches
- Discover the final resting place of the kings and queens of France, including the ill-fated Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette who were beheaded during the French Revolution
Abbot Suger, a masterful patron was driven by one burning ambition - to rebuild Saint-Denis, the Royal Abbey where influential Kings and Queens of France were buried. Nowhere else is the potency of divine energy more evident than in the Basilica of Saint-Denis, which radiates an aura of stateliness. Featuring structural and stylistic techniques, and the monumental tombs of 43 French kings, 32 French queens, and 10 royal servants, the Basilica is a major and founding work of Gothic architecture. In fact, it was the first religious structure to place importance on light, setting medieval architecture on a new course that would go on to define Europe in the later Middle Ages.
The Basilica of Saint-Denis offers a treat to anyone who wishes to immerse themselves in architecture and history. With skip the line entry, you can spend quality time exploring the royal necropolis of Saint-Denis. Pick up on the history of the place through the leaflets provided to you on entry. Walk among the remains of early French royals, see over 70 statues and monumental tombs from the Renaissance period, observe the careful and brilliant transition from late Romanesque to Gothic style, and marvel at the biggest collection of funerary sculpture from the 12th to the 16th centuries.
- Skip the line entry ticket to Basilica of Saint-Denis
- Free leaflet in 12 languages
- Tour Guide/ Audioguide
French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish, Czech and Dutch
Free for visitors under 18 (or under 26 residing in the EU)
Know Before You Go
From Oct 1 to Dec 31
Mon-Sat: 10:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Sunday: 12:00 PM - 5:15 PM
Closing Dates and Times
Jan 1, May 1, and Dec 25
October 9: Opening at 11 am
October 13: Closed at 2 pm, last entry at 1:30 pm
October 16: Closed between 12 pm and 2 pm
November 1: Opening at 11:30 am
November 2: Opening at 11:30 am
November 26: Opening at 1 pm. Beware, the whole church included prayer space, will be closed until 1 pm
- Note that the Basilica is both a museum and a church. For this reason, very occasionally, due to funerals or exceptional masses, the tour may be canceled or postponed.
- From October to April, it can get chilly inside the monument and so we advise visitors to dress warmly.
- Number of Steps: Nine steps to enter the royal necropolis, 15 steps to enter the crypt and 15 steps to enter the upper choir.
- No dogs allowed except for guide dogs for visually-impaired visitors.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is - Basilique Cathédrale de Saint-Denis, 1, Rue de la Légion d'Honneur, 93200, Paris
- To locate the point on Google Maps, search for - Basilica Cathedral of Saint-Denis
- By Subway: Line 13, station Basilique de Saint-Denis (without elevator).
- By Car: Around 9 km from the center of Paris: Porte de la Chapelle, then A1, exit "Saint-Denis center Ville".
These tickets are valid for 365 days from purchase.