2-Day Hop On Hop Off Harbour Explorer & Whale Watching Cruise Combo
The hop on hop off Harbour Explorer pass is the best way to tour Sydney Harbour. In a span of two days, explore to your heart’s content by visiting famous harbour precincts including Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Luna Park and more. Enrich your experience with an afternoon whale-watching cruise and witness the glorious Humpbacks in their natural element.
- Visit up to eight harbourside attractions in a matter of two days with the flexible hop on hop off Harbour Explore pass which allows you to experience Sydney the way locals do.
- As you cruise along Sydney Harbour, hop-off at any one of the 10 locations covered by the boat, including Barangaroo, Manly, Watsons Bay, Luna Park, Taronga Zoo, and more.
- With live guided commentary available onboard the cruise, understand a little more about this aquatic playground for Sydneysiders, with its unspoiled beaches, picturesque gardens, and pockets of green.
- Combine the experience with an afternoon whale-watching cruise and witness these gentle beasts of the sea as they play and splash around.
- Spot Humpbacks, Orcas, Sperm Whales, Southern Right Whales, Minke Whales and many more.
- In case there is no whale sighting during the cruise, use the whale guarantee which entitles you to another free cruise during the same season.
Explore Sydney the way locals do
The Sydney Harbour Explorer offers a convenient and relaxed way of exploring the Harbour’s top attractions. With flexible hop on hop off availability for two calendar days, visit any of the 10 famous harbour precincts that are part of the cruise and explore them at your own leisure. The boats are super comfortable catamarans with an inner and outer deck. Each boat has a guide who will point out interesting sights around the harbour and entertain you with lots of interesting facts about Sydney and the Harbour.
Stops along the cruise
Circular Quay | Darling Harbour | ICC Sydney | Barangaroo | Taronga Zoo | Manly | Watsons Bay | Fort Denison (Thu-Sun) | Luna Park | Shark Island
Whale and Sale!
Whales can travel long distances to meet their food, mating, and calving needs. Humpback sightings have increased over the past years. In the months of June and July, they migrate north for breeding before returning south with their calves from September to November. Southern Right Whales are not the kind to migrate, moving along the coast to find shelters for their young. Occasionally, they make Sydney Harbour their home, inviting thousands to come wish them well.
You will set sail through the entrance of Sydney Harbour on an ocean-going catamaran with open-air and all-weather lounge viewing. A selection of snacks and drinks will be available for purchase onboard. Spotters on the land will help direct the whale watching cruise while also ensuring approach distances are strictly adhered to. Whales are known to be highly intelligent and social, and although the degree of their intelligence is yet to be determined, their sophisticated behaviour and ability to learn displays a capacity for complex thinking. Not to mention, they are innately curious beings who may also edge their way close to the boat, giving you the absolute pleasure of a close and intimate viewing, and they certainly enjoy putting on a show with all the tail slapping, pectoral stroking, and breaching. In addition to the Humpback whales and Orcas, you may also spot the Blue Whale, Fin Whale, Sperm Whale, False Killer Whale, Minke Whale, Pygmy Right and Southern Right Whales.
A whale sighting is typically guaranteed. However, if you don’t spot one along the length of the cruise, you can avail a Whale Guarantee which entitles you to another free cruise during the same season on standby basis, subject to availability. Don’t miss this extraordinary chance and come discover these gentle creatures of the deep.
- Sydney Harbour Explorer 2-day pass
- Cruise commentary
- Afternoon whale watching cruise
- Whale guarantee
- Personal Expenses
This cruise is available between 18 May and 30 Oct 2019
Check the calendar for available dates and timings for the Harbour cruise as it varies from day to day and harbour to harbour.
The afternoon whale-watching cruise departs daily at 1:30 PM and returns approximately at 4:15 PM.
The duration of the whale watching cruise is 2hr and 45min
Reduced Price Tickets
Children between the ages of 4 - 15 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
Know Before You Go
- The Harbour Explorer pass is valid for two days and commences from the date of the whale watching cruise.
- The whale-watching cruise is subject to weather conditions and minimum number requirements.
- Passengers will need to fill out a Contact Information Form prior to cruising, in case of any emergency.
- Only the afternoon slot for whale watching is available with these tickets.
- The Whale Guarantee applies when a whale is not sighted during your cruise. Cruise again in the same season for free on Standby Basis confirmed 24 hours prior, subject to availability.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
This experience can be cancelled for a full refund up to 24 hours before sailing.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the tickets on your mobile phone at the ticketing office in order to exchange them for physical tickets.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 30 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is - Circular Quay Wharf No.6 at the Captain Cook ticketing office.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Captain Cook Cruises Circular Quay
- These Bus lines stop near Captain Cook Cruises: 343, 396, B1, L90.
- These Train lines stop near Captain Cook Cruises: T2, T8.
- These Ferry lines stop near Captain Cook Cruises: F1.
These tickets are valid for two days commencing at the time you sail for the whale watching cruise.