Kanchanaburi River Kwai & Death Railway Full Day Tour from Bangkok
Take a trip to the striking town of Kanchanaburi and find out all the hidden secrets about this historical town of Thailand. Visit the Allied War Cemetery, the JEATH War Museum, and the iconic bridge on the River Kwai. With free hotel transfers, a cozy group of eight members, and a dedicated tour guide, you no longer have to worry about the logistics of your trip.
- Explore the mysterious town of Kanchanaburi, a mountainous town along the River Kwai, offering a beautiful scenic appeal.
- Visit JEATH War Museum and travel of “the Death Railway,” named after the prisoners who died building it.
- Stop at the Allied War Cemetery, and pay homage to the fallen soliders at war. Learn about the historical relevance this little town had vis-a-vis World War II.
- Tuck into a delectable buffet lunch spread, sprinkled with your Thai-cuisine favorites.
- Enjoy the perks of free hotel transfers if your hotel is within the free pick-up area. Board air-conditioned vehicles to take you to and from the attraction hassle-free.
- With cozy groups of less than 8 members, enjoy an intimate tour of Kanchanaburi. With a professional English-speaking guide, you no longer have to worry about missing out on any information you may need to know about your surroundings.
Kanchanaburi: The Historic Town of Thailand
Get a chance to explore the stunning town of Kanchanaburi, a mere 130 kilometers from Bangkok. Board air-conditioned vehicles in groups of 8 members or less and make your way to Kanchanaburi. Look out your windows for a stunning change in scenery, from bustling city life to rolling mountains.
Kanchanaburi is a peaceful town with a storied history waiting to be discovered. Your first stop here will be at the Allied War Cemetery, where thousands of Allied soldiers rest in peace. This is the ideal location to reflect upon the lives of the fallen and pay respect to their families. The exhibits will give you a more detailed idea of what happened many years ago.
Next in line is the renowned JEATH Museum, just around the corner from the River Kwai Bridge. With many collections of memorabilia and various “writings on the walls” in the forms of murals, you won’t have a difficult time unpacking the wartime history and its heartbreaking story.
The (Actual) Bridge on the River Kwai
If you have watched the 1957 movie, The Bridge on the River Kwai, this part of the trip will enthuse you the most. Even though the movie was shot in Sri Lanka, this bridge really exists and is still carries regular local passenger trains from Bangkok. This meter-gauge railway line runs for 250 miles from Ban Pong, Thailand all the way to Thanbyuzayat, Burma. Needless to say, those interested in 20th-century history, a visit to Kanchanaburi is a must. Board the Death Railway Train, curving wooden bridges along the mountainous terrain, making for a thrilling and scenic ride.
- Hotel transfers on air-conditioned coaches (if your hotel is located within the free pick-up area
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Drinking water
- Entrance fee into War Museum (THB 50)
- Train ride (THB 100)
Know Before You Go
- 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM: Pickup from your accommodation within the free pick-up area
- 7:30 AM: Departure from meeting point (if accommodation is not within the free pick-up area)
- 10 AM: Arrive at Kanchanaburi and visit the Allied War Cemetery
- 10:30 AM: Take a ride on the Death Railway Train
- 12 PM: Arrive at Krasea Station and make a pit stop for lunch
- 1:30 PM: Take a train to return back to River Kwai Station
- 2:40 PM: Visit the JEATH Museum
- 3:30 PM: Make your way back to Bangkok
- 6:30 PM: Return to meeting point/hotel
If your hotel/accommodation is located anywhere between Khao San Road, Pratunam, Silom, Sathorn, Siam, Sukhumvit (from Soi 1 to 39 and from Soi 2 to 24), then hotel transfers are included in your ticket.
This tour lasts about 10 hours.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide before boarding.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- If your hotel/accommodation is not located within the free pickup area, please make your way to the meeting point.
- Free pickup area: From Khaosarn road, Narathiwas Ratnakarin, Sathorn Road (North and South), Pratunam, Wireless Road.
- Meeting Point: MRT Chatuchak station exit 3 by escalator OR BTS Mo chit station exit 4 by stairs. (These 2 places are in the same location, it depends if you come in MRT or SkyTrain.)
- Look out for your tour guide holding a TripGuru sign.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout.