Taronga Zoo with Ferry Tickets + Sky Cable Car Ride
Visit Australia’s premier zoo and marvel at its unique fauna with these tickets to Taronga Zoo. Get to the zoo easily by catching a ferry from one of three docks and avoiding the traffic on the roads. At the zoo, you can see 350 different species of animals, learn about their lives, and watch live shows. Finally, you can take a ride on the Sky Safari cable car and admire the gorgeous shorelines of Sydney Harbour from above.
- Experience the remarkable diversity of Australian fauna up close in Taronga Zoo.
- Avoid the traffic and travel to Taronga Zoo by rocket ferry, saving time that you can spend in the zoo.
- Explore the zoo at your own pace, visiting the many endemic creatures that dwell here and snapping pictures with them.
- Learn about the different animals in the enclosures, interact with koalas and wombats, watch live shows and much more!
- Take a ride on the Sky Safari cable car and see the beautiful Sydney Harbor shorelines from your vantage point high above.
What to Expect
Stroll Through the Lush Taronga Zoo
These entry tickets to Sydney’s Taronga Zoo will give you a chance to meet Australia’s unique wildlife up close. This 100-year-old zoo has over 4000 animals of 350 different species, spread out over 69 acres and divided into eight geographic regions, many of whom you can visit and spend time with.
You can avoid the traffic on Sydney’s streets and take a ferry to the zoo from one of 3 piers. This will save you a significant amount of time that you can now spend at the zoo, as well as give you a different perspective on the picturesque zoo from the water.
After you redeem your tickets at the entry gate, you can wander through the zoo and explore its many attractions. Snap pictures with the kangaroos, wallabies, birds, wombats, echidnas, and reptiles that dwell in the zoo’s diverse habitats. Meet some of the (in)famous and quirky residents of the zoo, such as Luk Chai, the first ever elephant calf born in Australia, and the recent trio of Sumatran tiger cubs who are all set to make their first public appearances.
Spend the entire day getting to know the animals and their lives, with live shows and enclosure visits to boot. Finally, to end on a high note, head to the Safari Sky cable ride and admire the stunning views of the shorelines of Sydney Harbour from your aerial vantage point. A real treat for animal lovers, this is an experience you cannot afford to miss!
- Ticket to Taronga Zoo with all day zoo access
- Round trip rocket ferry between Taronga Zoo and Circular Quay, Watsons Bay or Darling Harbour
- Round trip on the Sky Safari cable car
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Other personal expenses
Know Before You Go
- This activity is only available for passport holders from the following regions: Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Viet Nam, Thailand, Japan, Korea
- Tickets are valid for a single selected day and valid only on rocket ferries
- Ferries do not operate Christmas Day.
- Animal enclosures may be closed at the last minute to improve the habitats, thus some animals will not be visible during this time
Timings and Availability
The zoo is open in the following time slots:
- May to Aug: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Sep to Apr: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- New Year's Eve: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The docks are open during the following times:
- Darling Harbour, Pier 26: 9:15 AM - 5:40 PM
- Circular Quay, Wharf No.6: 9:35 AM - 5:20 PM
- Taronga Zoo Wharf: 9:45 AM - 5:05 PM
Since the zoo covers a fair amount of ground, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
This experience is wheelchair accessible.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children (aged 4-15) are eligible for reduced prices. Please select the appropriate option on the last page.
- Infants (aged 0-3) can visit for free.
Taronga Zoo: Bradley's Head Road, Mosman, NSW 2088
How to get to the docks for boarding the ferry:
Darling Harbour, Pier 26, Sydney
- 10-minute walking from Town Hall metro station
Circular Quay, Wharf No.6, Sydney
- 5-minute walking from Circular Quay metro station
Taronga Zoo Wharf, Sydney
- 1-minute walking from Taronga Zoo Wharf metro station
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, refunded or changed.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Taronga Zoo Entry Ticket voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You may display the voucher on your mobile device with a valid photo ID at the ticket counter.