Hell's Gate Mud Bath & Spas
Try the Hells Gate mud and sulphur mineral water experience that have been used by local Māori for over 800 years. Lather on the mud on your skin before exfoliating and cleansing with a soak in the sulphur spa.
- Soak in a mud bath and sulphur spa at Rotorua's most active thermal park.
- Admire views of the famous Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
- Later, cool off in a fresh spring waterfall.
- Mud bath
- Sulphur spa
- Cool plunge pool
- Complimentary shuttle from central Rotorua (if option booked)
- Swimwear and towels (available for rent on-site)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Once used by Maori warriors to heal their battle-scarred bodies, the thermal mud and acidic, sulphurous waters at Hell's Gate are a must-try. Apply the natural geothermal mud to your skin, and feel it working wonders. Then, take a cool shower before setting foot in the waters of the hot sulphur mineral spa and enjoy a hot soak for about 20 minutes. The warm geothermal mud opens and cleans the skin’s pores, and the sulphur spa gives you a gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing.
know before you go
know before you go
- We recommend that women do not use our bathing facilities whilst pregnant. However, it is an individual’s choice and we recommend that you seek advice from your health professional if you are wanting to bathe.
- This experience is recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The spa facility is wheelchair accessible with the appropriate ablutions. The tracks through the geothermal reserve are made with natural stone from the area and therefore we recommend only wheelchairs made for off-road situations accompanied by an experienced helper.
Children aged 3-11 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa.
- Address: State Highway 30, Tikitere, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Hell’s Gate provides a complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off, available from within the Rotorua central area. Bookings are essential, please check the Hell's Gate website for the latest shuttle timetable and to contact the provider to organize your shuttle service.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.