Giverny Tour from Paris with Transportation and Optional Audioguide
Journey to the charming home of the legendary Impressionist painter, Claude Monet, and discover different parts of the house at your own pace. Visit his verdant garden and admire the incredibly diverse and colourful flower beds and trees.
- Visit the intriguing house and garden of Claude Monet.
- A hostess will lead you to the home of Claude Monet and answer any questions you might have about the tour.
- Travel from Paris to Giverny and back in a luxurious, air-conditioned coach.
- Services of a hostess
- Entrance to the Giverny gardens and house
- AC coach transport to and from Paris
- Audio guide is optional
- Pick-up and drop-off services
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled or rescheduled.
why you shouldn’t miss this
Giverny is a dreamy village in the French district of Normandy. It became a popular attraction for tourists and art enthusiasts after the eminent impressionist, Claude Monet, decided to live in the village and pursue his artistic passions here. It is said that Monet was driven to move to Giverny after he caught a glimpse of the beautiful hamlet through the window of the train he was travelling in.
The artist’s son allowed the Academie des Beaux-Arts to convert the site into a public museum that was finally opened in 1980 after a massive rebuilding project was completed. Nymphea’s Studio was restored to its full glory along with many of Claude Monet’s intricate Japanese engravings, which are displayed today in many of the rooms in the same way that Monet arranged them when he lived in the house.
Monet’s garden was as much a work of art to him as his paintings. He was particularly inspired by Japanese gardening techniques and incorporated many of them in his own garden. There are many patches of Eastern plants and an elegant green Japanese bridge covered in wisteria above the water garden.
The tour bus will depart from Paris and take you on a picturesque route through the French countryside until you reach Giverny. A hostess will accompany you to the entrance of Monet’s home and garden. Explore Monet’s exceptional pink-plastered house that has been restored to resemble the original residence of the master painter. Step into the life of Claude Monet as you visit the ‘Blue Salon’ (the reading room), the yellow dining room, and the blue and white-tiled kitchen. Marvel at the incredible collection of Japanese stamps and engravings hung around the house.
Stroll in the alluring garden, which has an excellent collection of exotic and local flowers and trees. The water garden with its lilies is breathtakingly beautiful. It inspired Claude Monet to paint one of his most iconic masterpieces, 'The Water Lilies'. Admire the Japanese Bridge and the Clos Normand flower beds before boarding your bus and heading back to Paris.
know before you go
Giverny Tour from Paris with Transportation Tour without Audioguide (GID)
Giverny Tour from Paris with Transportation Tour with Audioguide (GID)
The tour runs on all days of the week. The trip is available at 8.15 AM and 1.45 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, it is available only at 8.15 AM. The duration of the tour is 5 hours.
Rules and Regulations
- Audio guides should not be used in the studio and the Monet House since the rooms are very narrow.
- Please pick up the audio guides from the office before departure.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-priced tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- Meet your guide at Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
- Address: 18 Avenue De Suffren, 22 Rue Jean Rey Entrée Au, 75015 Paris.
- Your guide will be holding a Paris City Vision sign outside the hotel.
The nearest public transport options are:
- RER C: Champs de Mars - Eiffel Tower
- Bus 82: Champ de Mars - Suffren
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.