Oskar Schindler's Factory & Plaszow Concentration Camp Guided Tour
Get a crash course in WWII Polish history on this tour!
- Go on a spirited excursion through Krakow's history during the Holocaust
- Visit the second largest Nazi concentration camp in Poland, Plaszow
- At the Oscar Schindler Factory Museum, learn about the entrepreneur who saved the lives of many Jews during WWII
- An expert English-speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to the Schindler's Factory Museum
- Tram tickets (3.4 PLN)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule
If you've seen Stephen Spielberg's Oscar-winning film 'Schindler's List,' you will know all about the tragic events that took place in Krakow during the Second World War. This guided tour will take you through two of these places and offer you a glimpse into Polish history during these disturbing times.
At Schindler's Factory, learn about the story of Oskar Schindler, the German entrepreneur who saved the lives of many Jews during the war. Currently, the factory houses two museums: MOCAK, which is a museum of contemporary art, and Schindler's Factory Museum - dedicated to telling the story of Krakow under Nazi occupation.
Plaszow, on the other hand, is a Nazi concentration camp in the southern suburbs of the city. It was originally intended to be a camp for forced labor, but in 1941 the camp was converted into a concentration camp. Jews from the Krakow ghetto were deported here, and made to supply several military factories and a quarry with labor. The area which held the camp now consists of sparsely wooded hills and fields, with one large memorial dedicated to all the victims. Since the Plaszow area is now a nature reserve Stephen Spielberg had to build a camp replica in the Liban Quarry, a few meters away. We will visit all these evocative sites during our tour.
know before you go
- This tour will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The tour consists of 3 parts:
- Visiting the museum ~1.5 hrs
- Breaks and lunch (not included in the price of the tour) ~ 1.5 hrs
- Visiting the former camp grounds ~ 2 hrs
Total duration of tour ~ 5 hrs Total sightseeing duration ~ 3.5 hrs
Infants aged 0-6yrs can enter for free. Children aged 7-17yrs and students aged 18-26yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at ul. Lipowa 4 (inside Museum at Film Cafe)
- Your guide will have an "excursions.city" sign
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply click on the link below
- Catch a bus or a train to Kraków Zabłocie station, located just 2-minutes away from the meeting point
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout