Guided Tour of The National Gallery
Discover the greatest artworks in England all under a single roof as you explore the world famous National Gallery of London. Walk through a collection of over 2,300 paintings which take you across time from the mid-13th century to the 1900s.
- Discover the fascinating world of art and see legendary paintings by the greatest artists to ever walk the planet such as Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Raphael, Vermeer and more.
- Learn more about the gallery and its paintings with your knowledgeable and certified art historian guide.
- 2-2.5 hours small group tour of the National Gallery with a maximum of up to 8 people. You may also book a private tour for maximum immersion.
- Walk through halls shrouded with artworks that span 700 years and learn the fascinating stories of the artists that are now cherished world over.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Attracting close to 6 million visitors annually, the national gallery the 2nd most visited museum in the UK and the 9th across the globe. As an art gallery, it is the 5th most visited on the planet. The unique collection of over 2,300 paintings featuring works from some of the greatest artists in the world including Leonardo Da Vinci, Monet, Vincent Van Gogh and other renowned savants, the National Gallery is an elaborate monument which houses millions worth of paintings.
The best way to experience this is with a professional art historian guide on a small group tour or a private tour. Immerse yourself in the world of art and culture and learn about the rich history of the works and artists as your professional guide curates a magnificent tour for you. Keep your eyes and ears open as you’ll hear stories about these legends and take in their works as you immerse yourself in this world.
Housed in an impressive pantheon style building atop Trafalgar Square, the National Gallery in London is a shrine for art lovers world over. Inside the gallery, you will find works of Monet, Holbein, Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Da Vinci, Raphael and many other greats. Walk through the halls adorned with portraits and landscapes as the mosaic floors and marble pillars further add to the magnanimous and artistic appeal of the venue.
Your journey into this shrine of art is made even more enticing by your professional art historian guide. Learn about the evolution of painting styles, the prized secret nuances of the greats and see for with your eyes some of the greatest works of art to have ever been produced on the planet.
Must See Paintings
- A Young Woman Standing at the Virginal by Johannes Vermeer
- Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh
- The Madonna of the Pinks by Raphael
- The Rokeby Venus by Diego Velazquez
- The Virgin of the Rocks by Leonardo Da Vinci
- Bathers at Asnieres by Georges Seurat
- The Ambassadors by Hans Holbein
- The Arnolfini Portrait by Jan Van Eyck
- Venus and Mars by Sandro Botticelli
Please note that some of the artwork might be on loan or undertaken for restoration.
- Admission to the National Gallery
- Services of a professional art historian guide
- Private group tour (Optional)
Know Before You Go
Semi Private Tour Timings:
Mon - Thu, Sat - Sun: 1 PM
Fri - 1 PM & 5 PM
Private Tour Timings:
Mon - Thur, Sat - Sun: 10 AM & 1 PM
Fri: 10 AM, 1 PM & 5 PM
The National Gallery Timings:
Mon - Thu, Sat - Sun: 10 AM - 6 PM
Fri: 10 AM - 9 PM
By Tube: Nearest Stations
• Charing Cross
• Leicester Square
By Bus: Stop at Trafalgar Square
3, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 24, 87, 91, 139 & 176
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your voucher via email. No need to print.
By the red telephone booth by the Sainsbury Wing entrance of the National Gallery
- Access to the special exhibitions and events