Round Trip Ferry Tickets to Princes Island
Escape the hustle and bustle of Istanbul with return ferry tickets across the Marmara Sea to the Princes' Islands. Visit Büyükada (Big Island), admire its magnificent old villas, rent a bike, and explore the beautiful sights here at your own pace.
- One of the to-do things in Istanbul is visiting the Princes’ Island
- Immerse yourself in a getaway in this Island where no traffic is allowed
- See the ruins of Trotsky’s house, St. George’s Church, and a 19th-century pharmacy
- Listen to the Bosphorus audio guide on your own smartphone, available in 10 languages
- Round-trip ticket to the Princes' Island
- Fast-track entry on the boat from the online ticket window
- Bosphorus audio guide app for IOS and Android in 10 languages
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24h before the schedule
Start your journey from the Kabatas Pier, next to the Galata bridge amongst the fish and bread boats. All you have to do is exchange your voucher at the ticket office and get access to the boat. A Marine Officer will welcome you at the pier, hand you the cruise plan, and explain what you will see during the crossing.
Set sail for the Princes' Islands, which in Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman times used to be exile sites and a monastery region. Now only 4 of the total 9 Princes’ Islands are open for public settlement. Make your way to the most famous and beautiful of these islands, Büyükada, or 'Big Island'. The island measures only 5.4 km2 and is home to 7,300 inhabitants. Apart from emergency services, carriages and bicycles, no vehicles are allowed there. Spend the day exploring this idyllic island at your own pace. Stroll through the center and enjoy the sound of nature. Walk back in time to 1870 as you see the Merkez Eczanesi, a pharmacy. On Hamlaci Street 4, see the ruins of the villa where Trotsky lived in exile between 1929 and 1933. This is where he wrote his autobiography and 3 volumes on the "History of the Russian Revolution".
If you'd like, rent a bike and cycle around the island, old school style. Fall in love with the magnificent old villas lining the streets. Explore the Greek Orthodox St. George Church, which rests atop the island's tallest hill. From here, you can enjoy fantastic views of Istanbul, the Marmara Sea, and the neighboring islands. Make a pitstop at the former Greek Orphanage - Europe’s largest and the world's 2nd largest wooden house. Once you've worked up an appetite, treat yourself to a delicious lunch in one of the restaurants around the harbor. Spend time swimming or sunbathing in one of the public beaches (Halk Plaji) or beach clubs. Hiking enthusiasts can walk around the island on foot. After you've had your fill of exploring, take the return ferry to Istanbul.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Make sure to maintain social distancing
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Bring your own headphones
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory
- Daily at 10:40 AM, 11:40 AM, 12:40 PM, 1:40 PM, 2:40 PM, 3:40 PM
- Return times from Princes' Island is every hour
- The last boat returning from Island is at 3:30 PM in the evening
Audio Guide Languages
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, and Chinese
Instructions for Audio Guide App
- Go to Apple or Play Store and search for ''YourMobileGuide''
- Download ''YourMobileGuide''
- Open the App and select ''All Audio Tours''
- Select Turkey and then Istanbul and search for "Princes' Islands Sightseeing Tour"
- You will receive your redeem code from the tour guide.
- There is limited internet at the museum/pier so please download the app prior to the tour
- The app does not require internet once it has been downloaded (ensure you have activated GPS)
- Do not forget to bring your headphones
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the boarding point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays
- Your boarding point is at DENTUR Istanbul Welcome Card Kabatas Pier
- Address: Ömer Avni, Mahallesi, Meclis-i Mebusan Cd. No:3, 34427 Beyoğlu/İstanbul
- This is located across tram line no 1 and the funicular
- Come to the wooden house behind the red petrol station
- Look for the Istanbul Welcome Card ticket window
Tip: Don't get a taxi to reach the harbor, you will have to go through too much traffic. Use public transportation instead:
- From Sultanahmet: tram T1 (15 min)
- From Taksim: walking or funicular F1 (5 min)
- From Besiktas: walking or bus (5 min)
- From Galataport: walking (5 min)
- From Galata Tower: walking and tram T1 (10 min)
- From Dolmabahce Palace: walking (5 min)
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout