Skip-the-Line Guided Tour of Medina Azahara
Enjoy a visit to the fortified palace city of Medina Azahara in the west outskirts of Cordoba in Spain. Discover the history of the UNESCO World Heritage Site with an expert Spanish guide by your side!
- Delve into the history of the palatine city that is currently an archaeological site
- A shuttle bus is available to help you move around the massive attraction
- Learn about the monument from an expert guide accompanying you throughout the tour
- Get a chance to understand the importance of Cordoba during the 10th century
- Please note that this tour is only conducted in Spanish.
- Skip-the-line entry to the Medina Azahara
- Expert Spanish-speaking tour guide
- Shuttle bus (Optional)
- Hotel transfers
- Food and drinks
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 24 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Enjoy this Spanish-guided tour of the Medina Azahara - the ruins of the palatine city build by the Umayyad Caliphate of Cordoba in 929 AD. As the heart of the government and administration, the city included grand ceremonial halls, spectacular mosques, and a number of workshops, homes, baths, gardens, and offices. It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2018. You can see the reception hall, known as “Salon Rico” containing inscriptions dating back to the 10th-century and visit the massive “House of Ya’far” that has an intricately detailed floor similar to that of a basilica.
The Grand Portico is another must-see location at the attraction, in addition to the massive gardens of the Medina Azahara. Along the way, your guide will go into the detailed history of the attraction and give you intriguing stories of the region and the Caliphate that was ruling during those times.
know before you go
In the next step of your booking, choose the desired variant to the ticket:
- Without Transfers
- With Transfers
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour begins
- As there is a significant amount of walking on the tour, it is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Make sure to carry sufficient water and sun protection as there is no shade
- Not accessible to wheelchair users
With Transport: Tue-Sun: 10:00 AM onwards
Without Transport: Tue-Sun: 10:25 AM onwards
Ages 7yrs and below go free. Ages 8-12yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display this mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is Visitor center of Medina Azahara (next to the shuttle bus)
- You will have to go by car. Take the road to Palma del Río (A-431) and follow the direction Madinat al-Zahra
- Park the car in the parking spot of the Visitor Reception Centre and wait for the tour guide next to the shuttle bus stop
- The shuttle bus is the only authorized transport to get the archaeological site
- Once you get there, look for the guide with a blue umbrella or the OWAY flag
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Meet your tour guide at Glorieta de la Cruz Roja, Av Paseo Victoria (14004 Córdoba)
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Glorieta Cruz Roja
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Take bus #2, 3, 6 or 12 and stop at Glorieta Cruz Roja
- The shuttle bus will depart from the meetup point