Casa Vicens - Gaudi's First House
Discover the splendor of Casa Vicens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which brought the prominent architect Antoni Gaudí into the spotlight. With skip the line entry into this gorgeous modernist building, and a guided tour in 4 different languages, bask in the vast history and culture surrounding the beautiful Casa Vicens.
- Bypass the winding queues in the afternoon sun with exclusive skip the line entry.
- Enjoy a tour of Casa Vicens and absorb the history and culture surrounding this monument.
- Witness the magnificence of this career-defining building designed by Antoni Gaudí, one of the foremost Spanish architects.
- Explore the Casa Vicens with its various floors and vast gardens at your own pace.
- A handy audio guide (easily downloadable at the venue) gives you insight into the attraction
- Upgrade your ticket to include a delicious sweet or savory aperitif from Hofmann for takeaway
- Skip the line Entry
- Assistance from floor staff on any questions regarding Casa Vicens
- Audio guide (downloadable at site)
- Exclusive Hofmann appetizer for takeaway (Optional)
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be canceled. Reschedules are possible subject to availability
why you shouldn’t miss this
Casa Vicens was built as a summer retreat for the Vicens family. A masterpiece of Antoni Gaudí, the house served as the beginning of a very successful career. Casa Vicens served as a private residence until recently. It was made accessible to the public in November 2017. A comprehensive restoration project was undertaken, to return the building to its original state.
By incorporating several architectural styles and materials such as iron, glass, concrete and ceramic tiles, Antoni Gaudí set himself apart from his contemporaries. Geometric masses, abstract brick ornamentation, and exquisite metalwork can be seen throughout the house. The temporary exhibitions show some of the single houses designed by Antoni Gaudí’s contemporaries from across the world, such as America, Europe and exponents of the Art Nouveau style.
What makes Casa Vicens unique is that the museum project aims at meticulously restoring Gaudí’s designs to their original state. The goal is to ensure that the whole world can discover the extraordinary world of Gaudí. It focuses on long-term sustainability and integrating the different sections for the enjoyment of its visitors.
The meeting point is outside the attraction itself. Since your tickets have the skip the line feature, you can bypass the queues outside the monument.
An example of Modernisme, Casa Vicens primarily use materials in their original states, such as brick, stone, wrought iron, and wood. The basement initially housed the coal cellar. Presently, the La Capell specialty store is housed here, and you can buy souvenirs to remember your visit to Casa Vicens. The ground floor consists of a smoking room, where occupants could relax and have fun, and a dining room. In the dining room, you can see the original wooden furniture of the house, designed by Gaudí himself. The collection of 32 paintings by Torrescasana provide a view into the spectacular art style of this era. The first floor houses the private rooms. Two bedrooms, a sitting room, and a bathroom are present here. The sitting room has a false dome, made of gold, with a trompe-l’oeil depicting birds and vines.
On the second floor of this house, you can see the permanent collection. Here, the 130 year history of Casa Vicens and the genius of Antoni Gaudí can be seen. An audiovisual projection will depict Barcelona when Casa Vicens was constructed. This will help you understand the social, cultural and artistic context of this structure. You will also learn about the background of Antoni Gaudí. His influences, philosophies, and inspiration during his studies, in addition to his projects prior to building Casa Vicens, such as school projects and buildings in the city will be detailed. The permanent collection also includes documents of Casa Vicens and a reproduction of the Reus manuscript.
know before you go
Hofmann Appetizer (For Appetizer Ticket Option Only)
Choose from the following appetizers:
- Salty: mini sandwich + soda, beer, or water
- Candy: croissant + coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
- Seasonal: Carquinyolis + glass of cava
Casa Vicens is open Monday to Sunday from 10 AM to 8 PM. The last visit will be at 6:30 PM. Please select the time slot you’d like in the next step of the booking process. You must choose the time slot at the time of booking.
- Closed: 25 December, 1 and 6 January
- Special days: 22 May, Santa Rita
- Free days/Open doors days: European Night of Museums.
You will be able to download the audio guide easily upon arrival
The tour is accessible for people with reduced mobility. The routes have been adapted to be able to facilitate wheelchairs and to improve the experience for visitors.
English, Spanish, Catalan, and French.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: Casa Vicens Gaudí
- Address: Carrer de les Carolines, 20, 08012 Barcelona, Spain
- Metro: Fontana (L3) – 250 m, Lesseps (L3) – 280 m
- FGC: Gràcia (L6, L7, S5, S55, S1, S2) – 500 m
- FGC: Pl. Molina (L7) – 500 m
- FGC: Sant Gervasi (S5, S55, L6) – 450 m
- Bus: lines 22, 27, 32, 87, 114, N4, V17
- Barcelona Bus Turistic: Blue line
- Barcelona City Tour: East Route
The ticket is valid only for the date and time for which you’ve scheduled the booking