Trevi Fountain Underground
Set off on a journey to the underground complex below the Trevi Fountain and explore the ruins from the days of the mighty Roman empire. Marvel at the archaeological evidence that speaks of the city's great history.
- Find out what lies beneath the streets of Rome on this tour of the Vicus Caprarius
- See artifacts from the days of the Roman Empire found during archaeological excavations
- Travel back in time to the glory days of Rome with the help of 3D reconstructions and videos
What to Expect
Discover what lies below the streets of central Rome on an audio-guided tour. Step through the doors of time with photographs, 3D reconstructions, videos and other such informative sources that will let you experience what it was like in the days of yore.
Descend 9 meters below street level to explore the VIcus Caprarius, the City of Water. Located at a few paces from the Trevi Fountain, the building complex was unearthed by the archaeological surveys carried out between 1999 and 2001 during the renovation of the former Cinema Trevi, by the Archaeological Authority of Rome. A complete restoration and an attentive enhancement of the archaeological site that extends over an area of around 350 square meters between Via San Vincenzo and Vicolo Puttarello has been carried out, and you can safely explore these ruins and see what it was like in the ancient Roman times. Perfect for art and history lovers, this tour will give you a glimpse into the silent past.
- Entrance to Trevi Fountain underground
- Audio guide
- Guided tour
Know Before You Go
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask at all times. Please bring your own
- Social distancing within the attraction is maintained - an interpersonal distance of over 1 meter
- Large gatherings are avoided
- Entry will be denied to guests with body temperatures of 37.5°C or higher
- Your voucher is not the ticket. Redeem your tickets at the Touristation Office before visiting the attractions
- The Touristation Office is located in Piazza Navona 25
- Trevi Fountain Underground is closed on Mondays
Ticket Redemption Point Timings
Mon to Sun -10 AM to 6 PM
Ages 5yrs and below go free. Ages 6-17yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel this experience up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Please display the tickets on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Via del Puttarello, 25 (Trevi fountain area)
The closest bus stop is Corso/Minghetti. You can catch bus nos. 62, 63 or 83 to this stop. The meeting point is a short walking distance from this stop.
This ticket is only valid for the date and time selected during checkout.