Entry Tickets to Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum
Embark on the day tour of Alhambra with a professional guide, considered the eighth wonder of the new world, a heritage site that reveals the ancient history and culture of the Spain region.
- Skip the line and head straight inside the Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum, a premier exhibition of Osaka prints from the Edo-era (1603–1868).
- Get transported to the Edo-era while enjoying the exhibit of over 50 woodblock prints of "pictures of the floating world," referring to the transitory nature of life.
- See the delicate woodblock paintings depicting scenes from daily life through themes of landscape, travel, actors, courtesans, and folk tales. -Don't miss the third floor and the flat roof, which has been converted into a wild rice field.
Woodblock printing workshops (extra charge)
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
A Peak into the Edo-era Lifestyle
The understated Kamigata Ukiyoe is a small museum in the center of the Dotombori neighborhood. The museum contains an exhibit of a style of woodblock prints from the Edo-era known as ukiyo-e and shows images from the "floating world," referring to the passing nature of life. The pictures are of theaters, teahouses, and women—an image of daily life. Enjoy the unique aspect of this museum, which is that it solely features creations from Kamigata, the historical name for the Kansai (West Japan) region. These works are unique as they are influenced by Kabuki, a classic theatrical genre performed in the Dotonbori area, in which all roles, including those of women, are played by men.
Make your own Ukiyoe Print
Do not miss the third floor of the exhibit and the flat roof, which is dedicated to rice growing. A wild rice field has been created on the roof. Visitors can learn how a woodblock print is made and also try making their own. A beginner, intermediate, and advanced course in making Ukiyo-e prints are conducted inside the museum for a fee.
know before you go
- The museum is not wheelchair accessible.
- Tue to Sun: 11am to 6pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction. Students must show a valid student ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum.
- Address: 1 Chome-6-4 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0076, Japan.
The closest subway station is Namba Station. It is a 2- minute walk to the attraction.
`This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.