Delphi Small Group Day Trip from Athens
Spend a full day in Delphi, soaking up the history of one of Greece’s most ancient sites, ending with a visit to the picturesque village of Arachova.
- Start your guided tour to Delphi by visiting the picture-perfect Kryas Springs. Gushing streams, stone bridges, and walking routes await you.
- Next, on to the main attractions of the sanctuary of Delphi!
- You’ll see the Temple of Apollo – which occupies the most important position – the Athenian Stoa, the Treasury of the Athenians, and the Polygonal Wall.
- Immerse yourself further in history with a visit to the Archaeological Museum of Delphi along with your expert guide.
- End the tour in the village of Arachova where you’ll get to have an authentic Greek meal and explore the area and its unique offerings.
- Entrance fees to Delphi site and Museum
- Air-conditioned coach
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Meal inclusions
- Hotel transfers
- Gratuities (optional)
polizza di cancellazione
Puoi cancellare questi biglietti fino a 24 ore prima dell'inizio dell'esperienza e ottenere un rimborso completo.
In this tour, you’ll explore the Delphi Archaeological Site which is also known as the ‘Center of the World.’As you drive through the Boeotia plain, your expert guide will share information and history about this sacred site and keep you enthralled with heroic tales from Greek mythology.
The first stop is Kryas Springs, a peaceful valley near the city of Levadia. Streams, stone and wooden bridges, and walking routes along the banks create the perfect atmosphere for some lovely photography.
Next, you’ll visit the monuments of the Delphi sanctuary. Marvel at the Athenian Stoa, the Treasury of the Athenians, the Polygonal Wall, and, of course, the Temple of Apollo. The Archaeological Museum of Delphi houses famous artifacts such as the Naxian Sphinx, the Siphnian Treasury, the Charioteer of Delphi, and the statue of Antinous. During your museum visit, your guide will enhance your experience by sharing more knowledge about each piece.
The final stop is at the village of Arachova. Savor an authentic Greek meal in any of the traditional taverns and take a stroll around the village afterward. Admire local specialties such as the hand-woven carpets and sample (and take back with you) the well-known cheese of the area – formaela cheese – along with other delicacies.
know before you go
- Drive from Athens to Delphi (approx 2 hours 30 min)
- Krya Springs (approx 20 min)
- Delphi (approx 2 hours 30 min)
- Arachova (approx 1 hour 30 min)
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes as there's a lot of walking involved. Carry sunscreen and a sun hat too.
- Photography is allowed but without flash and tripods.
- As a part of Covid safety measures, guides are allowed to guide only through whispers in the archaeological sites and museums. All guides are fully vaccinated, coaches are sanitized between use, and hand sanitizer is available to all travellers and staff.
- Tue, Thu & Sun: 8:30am onwards
i miei biglietti
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the main tour office at Athanasiou Diakou 16, 11742
- Address: Athanasiou Diakou 16, 11742, Athens
- The closest metro station is Acropoli, a 1-min walk from the meeting point.
- Metro Line 2 will bring you to this station.
- The closest bus stop is Makrygiannē, a 1-min walk from the meeting point.
- Buses 040, 230, and A2 or trolleybuses 1, 5, and 15 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.