Melbourne Zoo Tickets
Enjoy a visit to Melbourne Zoo, learn about the conservation efforts of the endangered Sumatran Tiger and Orangutan, and see over 300 different species of animals and birds in the many exhibits around the zoo!
- Escape from the clamor and bustle of Melbourne city, and explore the world-famous Melbourne Zoo
- Discover more than 300 different species of animals that are present inside the zoo
- Catch sight of Australian native animals such as kangaroos, wombats, and koalas
- See the king of the jungle in action at the Lion Gorge, and admire his striking elegance and grace
- Walk along the Elephant Trail, and see Asian elephants up close
- Pet the most iconic animal of Australia, and take some unforgettable pictures with the kangaroos
- Entrance to Melbourne Zoo
- Animal keeper presentations at set times
- Transport to and from Melbourne Zoo
- Pickup and drop off at hotel
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or refunded.
Home to more than 5000 animals, the Melbourne Zoo is located in Royal Park, about 4 kilometers from the center of the city. Opened all the way back in 1862, it is the oldest zoo in Australia and is actively involved in the conservation of wildlife and rare species.
On the Main Trail, spot a variety of rare species such as red pandas, white-cheeked gibbons, zebras, giraffes, macaws, tortoises, and the platypus. The Trail of the Elephants is home to seven Asian elephants, and you can see these majestic creatures up close. Fun fact: Melbourne Zoo’s first-ever calf, Mali, was the first female elephant born in Australia! The Butterfly House is a walk-through exhibit in the form of a greenhouse and contains a wide variety of colorful tropical butterflies. The Orangutan Sanctuary is home to a family of orangutans. At the Lion Gorge, come face-to-face with some of the most formidable carnivores (and a couple of omnivores), including tigers, lions, Snow Leopards, and the Philippine Crocodile.
Say g'day as you walk through the Australian Bush section, home to the unique wildlife found in the country, such as kangaroos, wombats, echidnas, emus, and koalas. The Wild Sea exhibit is undoubtedly the most special of all exhibits and includes seals, baby penguins, pelicans, and fiddler rays. Underwater sounds and lighting give this exhibit a surreal feel, and it is absolutely breathtaking to see in person. Enter the deep jungles of Africa at the Gorilla Rainforest, and see a variety of rare species such as the black-capped capuchins, black-handed spider monkeys, white-cheeked gibbons, and the colobus.
know before you go
- Day session: Daily from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Late session: Daily from 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Avoid peak hour traffic, visit Melbourne Zoo in the late session of 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM from 18 Jan to 27 Jan 2021
Back to school – day visit starts from 9:00 AM from 28 Jan 2021
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Physical contact will be discouraged. There are social distancing indicators within the queuing area
- Additional staff will be available for disinfection of public area touch areas
- Hand sanitizer will be available at key locations for staff and visitors
- No cash transactions
- Masks are mandatory indoors in Victoria. They need to be worn anytime you are inside apart from when you’re eating or drinking
- Click here to learn more about the safety measures put in place by Zoos Victoria
- You will receive your tickets within 24 to 48 hours of making the booking
- Note about late sessions: some animals will be in bed by this time. We recommend bringing a picnic rug, a cheese platter, relaxing on the lawn, and enjoying the late-afternoon sunshine
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult at the zoo
- Visitors of all ages (including babies), will now need a pre-booked ticket to enter the zoo. This applies to weekdays, weekends, public holidays, and school holidays
- Do not feed any of the animals with human food
- Indoor habitats and indoor play spaces are open with capacity limits except for Frog Disco which is closed for maintenance
- Admissions for infants under the age of 3 are free every day
- Children aged 4-15yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Children under 16 receive free entry on weekends, Victorian public holidays, and Victorian Government school holidays
- Reduced-price tickets are also available for anyone with a valid Australian Pensioner Concession Card, full-time student card, Healthcare Card, Disability Concession Card, or DVA Gold Card.
i miei biglietti
You will receive your Melbourne Zoo Entry Ticket mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display it along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Ticket Redemption Point
Melbourne Zoo, Elliott Avenue, Parkville 3052 (Melways reference: 43 E1), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Get off at Royal Park Station on the Upfield line running from Flinders Street Station.
Take bus no. 505 to Melbourne University from Moonee Ponds. The bus will stop outside Melbourne Zoo.
Take tram 58 from William Street or tram 19 and get off exactly outside Melbourne Zoo.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout