Zermatt to Gornergrat: Skip‐the‐Line Round-Trip Train Ticket
Nothing quite beats the romance of the cogwheel train ride from Zermatt up to Gornergrat! Expect magnificent views of the most famous peaks of the Swiss Alps.
- Set out on a fun train ride along a glacier up to Gornergrat and admire the dramatic landscapes.
- Marvel at spectacular views of 29 peaks from the year-round viewing platform at Gornergrat.
- At 3,089 meters above sea level, you get to see the highest Swiss mountain, the Dufourspitze.
- Catch sight of the world-famous Matterhorn, that straddles the frontier between Switzerland and Italy.
- Shop at Europe's highest located shopping mall and load up on some Swiss souvenirs.
- Your ticket includes round-trip tickets from Zermatt to Gornergrat and back.
The Gornergrat (3,089 m) is one of those places that should be on every traveler's bucket list. Part of the fun is the cogwheel train ride up from Zermatt to Gornergrat. The 30-minute ride will take you from an altitude of 1,605 m to 3,089 m, up to the Gornergrat ridge. A masterpiece of 19th-century engineering, the cogwheel the Gornergrat Bahn was the world’s first fully electrified cog railway. Today it is a modern, eco-friendly railway and will take you through idyllic forests, rocky ravines, gorges, and high alpine landscapes.
When you reach the Gornergrat, enjoy exceptional views of 29 four-thousand meter peaks, including the jagged toothed mountain, Matterhorn in all its glory. You'll also get to see the Monte Rosa massif, with Switzerland’s highest peak (Dufourspitze, 4,634 m), apart from the second-largest glacier in the Alps, the Gorner Glacier. A must-see at the summit station on the Gornergrat is Europe’s highest-altitude hotel: the 3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat. Facilities include a restaurant, an astronomical observatory, and boutique shops.
- Round-trip skip-the-line train ticket to Gornergrat at 3,089 m
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Snow Fun park admission
- Guide (this is not a guided tour)
Know Before You Go
- The first train from Zermatt leaves at 7:00 AM.
- During the high season (July-August), the last train from Gornergrat leaves at 7:22 PM.
- During the low season (November-April), the last train from Gornergrat leaves at 5:42 PM.
- During the middle season (May-June/September-October), the last train from Gornergrat leaves at 5:42 PM.
Children aged 6-16yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Zermatt GGB Railway Station.
- Address: 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- The nearest bus stop is 'Zermatt, Bahnhof.' Catch bus #571 or 572 to get here.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.