2.5 Hour "East Berlin" Sightseeing Cruise
Experience East Berlin from your aquatic vantage point on the river Spree with this ship tour. After more than twenty years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, explore the eastern side of the capital, once under Soviet occupation, and gain new and interesting perspectives on all the recent changes in East Berlin.
- Explore East Berlin from the comfort of a tour ship on the river Spree.
- See some of the main attractions of Berlin, such as the Berliner Dom, Palace of Tears, Museum Island, etc. in a novel way from your vantage point on the river.
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and have a relaxing time on the waters, since this cruise lasts for about 3 hours.
- The friendly staff will answer any questions you may pose to them, and they will ensure that you have the best possible experience on the cruise.
- Tickets to the East-Side Spree tour cruise
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this experience 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
what to expect
Enjoy Berlin’s best sightseeing cruise that showcases the best sights in and around the city from your ship on the River Spree. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and have a relaxing time on the waters, since this cruise lasts for about 3 hours. Discover the many attractions that line the east side of the river and get a different perspective on them from your aquatic vantage point.
Taking place more than twenty years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, this tour traces parts of the border between the two sides on the Spree. You can witness the rapid changes that have taken place on the eastern side of the city after the wall was taken down, and learn more about the wall and life under Soviet occupation.
Catch some unique sights on the cruise and see many of the iconic landmarks of Berlin, such as the Berliner Dom, Fernsehturm, Nikolaiviertel, Marstall, Mühlendammschleuse, Radialsystem V, Energieforum, East-Side-Gallery, Mercedes-Benz Arena, Oberbaumbrücke, Osthafen, Universal, nhow-Hotel, Coca-Cola-Headquarters, MTV, Label 1 and 2, Badeschiff of the Arena Treptow, Molekule Man, Museum Island with the Old National Gallery and Bodemuseum, Monbijoupark, Schiffbauerdamm, Palace of Tears, Parliament and Government District, Central Station, House of World Cultures, countless bridges and many beach bars.
Our fleet of premium sightseeing vessels ensures that you have the best possible views with spacious outdoor decks and vast viewing windows. You have the choice between a convertible ship or a two-deck ship, both of which are guaranteed to give you a grand sightseeing tour. Enjoy the luxury of this cruise and learn more about Berlin in this one-of-a-kind experience.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- All guests require proof of recovery, complete proof of vaccination, or a valid coronavirus test that is negative. The test result should be not older than 24 hours. It is mandatory for the purchase of a ticket or for the issue of the boarding ticket.
- All passengers are requested to wear a personal face mask (medical or FFP2) when entering and leaving the ships as well as when moving on board (e.g. WC). It can be taken off at the seat outside.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m.
- Hand disinfection will be offered to each guest before entering the ship.
- Refrain from hugging and shaking hands.
- Do not visit if there are any signs of illness.
- Maintain sneezing and coughing etiquette.
Timings and Availability
The tour takes place daily from 11:15 AM to 07:15 PM, and lasts for 2.5 hours, approximately. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the starting time of the tour at Pier "Alte Börse".
Please be advised that any clarifications you require can be given in German, English, Spanish, French, Polish, and Hebrew.
This experience is accessible by wheelchair.
Infants up to the age of 6 can travel free of charge. Children aged 7 to 14 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
How to Redeem your Tickets
You will receive an email with your 2.5 Hour "East Berlin" Sightseeing Cruise mobile voucher soon after purchase. Please display your vouchers on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the boarding point.
The meeting point is at the Mooring “Alte Börse”, Burgstraße 27, 10178 Berlin-Mitte.
The ticket sales point at the "Alte Börse" landing stage will be manned from May 22nd, daily from 10:45 AM to 3:45 PM.
They will be responsible for selling tickets on-site and issuing board tickets for tickets that have already been booked, as well as for registration.
You can reach the mooring by S-Bahn or tram, and the nearest stop is Hackescher Markt