Historical Melaka Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Instant confirmation
- Mobile ticket
- Transfers included
Unravel the secrets of the land of spices with this historical tour of Melaka. Shed light on the region’s long history with the Dutch, British, and Portuguese.
- Dive into the history of Malaysia and explore its colonial heritage through the world heritage site of Melaka with the help of your guide.
- Explore Melaka's Dutch legacy with a walking tour of the Dutch Square.
- Visit one of the oldest European structures in Malaysia at the ruins of a Portuguese fort.
- Enjoy a scrumptious lunch made with authentic Malaccan ingredients and flavors.
- Professional driver and guide proficient in English
- Tour & transfers on a SIC basis
- Fully air-conditioned vehicle
- Stadthuys entrance fee
- Lunch with Chinese tea
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
You can cancel these tickets up to 48 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Breathe in history at the Dutch Square
Melaka (also known as Malacca) is one of the most significant cities in Malaysia, with cultural imprints from the Dutch, British, and Portuguese colonial powers. You will be able to explore this by kicking off your tour at the Dutch Square with your professional guide. Visit the old Dutch town hall, an iconic salmon-colored structure called the Stadthuys that also used to be the governor’s residence. Today, it functions as a museum that will walk you through the painful colonial history with incredible artifacts.
Explore Melaka's Portuguese history through stunning fort ruins and enjoy a traditional lunch
After experiencing the Dutch side of town, you will walk towards A Famosa, the ruins of a Portuguese fort built in 1511. This makes it one of the oldest European structures in all of Malaysia! The stunning gate at A Famosa will take your breath away while enlightening you on the conflicts European powers had with each during the colonial era. After all the exploring, enjoy a delicious lunch made with fresh ingredients and cooked in the true Malaccan style!
Get a feel of the real Malaysia through its temples, markets, and food
After taking in Melaka's long colonial heritage, visit the Cheng Hoon Teng Taoist Temple - the oldest functioning temple in all of Malaysia. This 400-year-old temple has eloquent Chinese architecture that will blow you away with its intricacy. Afterward, you will head to the quirky Jonker market - a place to indulge in some retail therapy as you browse through unique shops that sell local souvenirs and delicacies.
Wrap up your tour with spellbinding views at Kampong
The final leg of your experience will include a scenic drive through the gorgeous countryside as you arrive at an old Malaysian fishing village called Kampong. Take in the views while diving deep into how the locals at Kampong live their daily lives.
Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
- Wear comfortable shoes to make the most out of this tour
- Carry a high SPF sunscreen and lip balm
- Carry a cap or a hat to protect yourself from the sun
- Daily: 7:30am
- 8 hours
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID during the pick-up.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs within 5 km radius from the Twin Towers.
- In the next step of booking, please specify the name and address of your hotel.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Operator will reconfirm your pick-up time in advance.