Tour of Mount Etna with Optional Summit Trek
Embark on an exciting trekking tour to Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe.
- Explore the outcome of the most powerful eruption in recent years.
- Take in the magnificent view of the eruptive theater and the Calabrian Coast.
- Hop on a cable car and a 4x4 bus to ascend to 2900 mt to begin your trek to the Summit Craters (with the "Trekking to the Summit" option only, to be paid apart).
- Connect with nature as you discover the volcano's history.
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience of the highest volcano in Europe.
- Enjoy the easy trek, ultimate trek, morning or sunset trek! We offer them all.
- Trek at Mount Etna
- Naturalistic guide
- Protective helmet
- Brunch/aperitivo (with morning/sunset options)
- Ticket to Funivia A/R + ticket to the bus 4x4 only one-way
- High trekking shoes
- Wind jacket
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Trekking to the Summit Option
Perhaps the most ambitious destination for trekkers is the summit craters of Mount Etna. Your departure will begin from “Rifugio Sapienza” qt. 1900 mt. (Etna South). Take the cable car and reach 2500 mt. From there hop on the 4x4 bus and get to 2900 mt. Begin your trek from here until you reach the Summit Craters at 3340 mt. Explore the lunar-looking lava fields that will lead you under the summit craters. Once you reach the summit of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, you will be able to admire the peculiarities that characterize the area. Enjoy a long pause near the craters, before descending in the direction of the 2002 craters. Then, head back in the direction of the cable car and go down to Rifugio Sapienza. Note: The price of the cable car needs to be paid in cash on the day of the experience.
Easy Trekking Option
Engage in this naturalistic and volcanological excursion to discover the volcanic eruptions that have characterized the Southern Slope of Etna volcano. The route develops in the southern part of the Etnean territory, starting at an altitude of approximately 1900 m, at the Hotel/Restaurant Rifugio Sapienza, adjacent to the departure station of the Etna cable car on the Southern Slope. This excursion, of medium difficulty, will take you through the eruptions of 1766, 1892, and 2001, immersed in a lunar landscape, typical of the Etnean environment. Then, you will cross the upper craters of the Monti Silvestri and then walk on the Lavas of the 2001 Eruption. You will reach the fracture that generated the eruption and the Calcarazzi Craters of the 1766 eruption, until you reach the highest point of the upper Silvestri craters, from where it will be possible to admire a breathtaking panorama of the Etna foothills and the Lonian coast of Catania.
know before you go
know before you go
- The price of the cable car (for the "Trekking to the Summit" option) needs to be paid in cash on the day of the experience.
- Recommended equipment: We advise a good pair of trekking shoes, an anti-wind and anti-rain jacket, a hat, telescopic sticks in order to help yourself in the walk (only if you already have those), and in general dress appropriately for the various temperatures that are possible to find during the excursion.
- This tour is absolutely prohibited for those with heart problems and asthma.
- The excursion is subject to changes in case of volcanic activity and/or adverse weather conditions, so as not to compromise the safety of the participants.
- Please check your final voucher for meeting point information.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for meeting point information.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.