Tickets for Maiko Makeover Experience in Kyoto
Dive into the beguiling world of maikos and geishas with a mesmerizing maiko makeover experience. Develop a deeper appreciation for the time-honored art form in Kyoto, which is the heart of geisha culture.
- Immerse yourself in one of the most renowned traditions of Japanese culture as the trained team at Studio Shiki in Kyoto gives you a maiko makeover.
- Dress like a maiko in an elegant kimono, traditional wig, make-up, and accessories for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Pose like a traditional maiko with elegance for a professional photo shoot.
- Surprise your family and friends with pictures of your stunning maiko makeover and cherish the memories for a lifetime.
- Make-up service
- Kimono dressing
- Zen-katsura (full wig) wearing
- 2 postcard size photos taken indoors
- Maiko makeup removal
- Milky lotion
- Locker facility
- Tabi (traditional Japanese socks)
- Food and drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Explore the Intriguing Culture of Geishas
If you have ever been intrigued by the mysterious world of geishas, fulfill your dream of living like a traditional maiko (an apprentice geisha) for a few hours. Studio Shiki is one of Kyoto's premier studios specializing in the authentic maiko makeover experience. You are in good hands as the professional hair & make-up artists and photographers at Studio Shiki are some of the best in their respective fields.
The Traditional Makeover
The makeup session is the first step in the transformation process. With a white powder/foundation base, red and black eyeliner, reddish eyebrows, red lipstick, and a light stroke of blush, your striking maiko look will be complete. Next comes the zen-katsura or wig-wearing session for the unique hairstyle adorned by the maikos. Step into a hand-picked kimono of your choice from an impressive collection of eye-catching colors and designs. The final step in your makeover process includes a kimono fitting session, with a matching obi (sash) and okobo (wooden sandals).
A professional photographer will guide you while taking pictures inside the studio. After your photoshoot, you will get some time to capture more photographs and videos with your camera. Although the process can go on for more than 2 hours at the very least, the result is so fabulous that it makes the experience worthwhile.
know before you go
know before you go
- This experience is suitable only for guests with a height of 145 cm and above.
- This experience is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Guests with skin conditions like herpes, styes, sensitive skin, and others can go for a no-makeup option.
- It is required for a parent or guardian to accompany young children at all times.
- It is required to carry items like personal makeup kits (for use after removing the maiko makeup), contact lens case (if applicable), and traditional Japanese socks called Tabi.
- Traditional Japanese socks (up to 28 cm for women and 29 cm for men) are available at the studio for JPY390 with tax.
- The waiting room can accommodate up to 10 guests at a time.
- The studio has a maximum capacity of 3 guests at a time.
- The studio has 4 large wash basins, a changing room, a hairbrush, and a hairdryer.
- A shower room is not available at the studio.
- It is allowed to carry food and drinks inside the studio.
- You will receive all the clicked pictures on the same day.
- The overall time taken can increase during peak season from March to mid-May, October to early December, on weekends, and on national holidays.
- Daily: 9:30am - 2:30pm (1-hr interval)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Maiko-Henshin Studio Shiki.
- Address: 2-chōme-208-7 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, 605-0862, Japan.
- The closest bus stop is Kiyomizumichi. It is a quick 4-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 市営２０７甲 to get you there.