Full-Day Tour of Historical Alexandria from Cairo
- A full-day guided tour of the ancient city of Alexandria is a must for history and culture buffs.
- Learn all about this beloved Egyptian city that represents a bygone era.
- An Egyptologist guide will lead the way, filling you in on facts, myths, and stories.
- Marvel at the Roman amphitheater of Kom El-Deka and the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa.
- See the statues of the Roman triclinium and enjoy a photo stop at the pristine Library of Alexandria.
- Take a leisurely stroll along the ancient ramparts of the 14th-century Citadel of Qaitbay.
- Expert Egyptologist guide
- Round-trip hotel transfers
- Transportation by air-conditioned car
- Bottle of mineral water available in the car
- Entrance fees
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
This full-day trip to the historic city of Alexandria lets you experience the remnants of a bygone era, and therefore, should not be missed when in Egypt. Get picked up from your hotel and meet your tour guide before driving towards Alexandria, stopping along the way for coffee and bathroom breaks. Arrive at the ancient city, and head straight towards Kom El-Deka, a marble-stone Roman Amphitheatre of significant historical relevance. Visit also the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, where you'll be surrounded by the aura of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman architectural brilliance!
Explore the cemetery, still one of the seven wonders of the middle ages. Later, you have the chance to visit Pompey's Pillar, the significant Roman triumphal column in Alexandria. The famous Egyptian monument still stands proudly among the country's ancient remains. After savoring a delicious lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), enjoy a photo stop at the Library of Alexandria, one of the Ancient World's Largest and Renowned Archives. Take a walk along the Citadel of Qaitbay, a 14th-century fortress built above the ruined Alexandria lighthouse to defend Alexandria from the advances of the Ottoman Empire. Needless to say, this tour is a must for history and culture buffs everywhere!
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required
- Please bring along a face mask with you
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available
- All areas that guests touch are frequently cleaned
- Guests will be subject to a temperature check
- Pickup and drop-off is not available at Cairo Airport
- The duration of the tour includes the pickup and drop-off times
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Large bags/luggage pieces are not to be brought along on this tour
What To Bring
- Passport or ID card
- Sun hat
Ages 4-11yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- This is applicable to hotels in Cairo or Giza.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
Pick up/drop off services at your accommodation from the regions of Al Nasr City, Cairo International Airport, Heliopolis, Mirage city, Rehab City, Madinaty, New Cairo, New Capital hotels, 6th of October City are available at an additional charge of $10 per head. The pick-up time will be within 60 minutes after your booked time. In case of change, you will be contacted via WhatsApp, email, or phone the day before the tour to confirm the exact pickup time.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout