Skip the Line: Guided Tour of the National Museum of Anthropology
Travel back in time to pre-Columbian Mexico at the National Museum of Anthropology. Immerse yourself in the legacy of its indigenous peoples including the Mayan, Aztec and Zapotec cultures!
- Skip the lines at this world-famous repository that is home to over 600,00 objects related to Mexico
- Learn about ancient Mexican cultures with the help of an expert bilingual guide
- Discover artifacts from pre-Columbian times excavated from archaeological sites across the country
- See objects such as spear points and clay pieces used in ceremonial rites on display
- Expert bilingual guide
- Entrance to the National Museum of Anthropology
- Food and drinks
- Hotel transfers
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
As the largest and most visited museum in Mexico, the National Museum of Anthropology has something on offer for everyone. Spend time here discovering the many anthropological, ethnological and archaeological materials that date back to the pre-Hispanic period. All these findings - from human remains to art objects, figurines and ornaments - are exhibited across two large floors.
Among the museum’s best exhibits are the Stone of the Sun, that depicts the five consecutive worlds of the sun from Aztec mythology, and the Olmec colossal heads that date back to 800 BC. Listen to your expert guide as they give you historical insights on all this and more, as well as explain to you their cultural significance. Don’t miss out on seeing the model of the former Aztec capital Tenochtitlan, the site of which is currently occupied by the central area of modern-day Mexico City! What’s more, the museum frequently hosts visiting exhibits that generally focus on other great cultures of the world.
know before you go
- The tour begins at 9:50 AM and ends at 1:30 PM
- The museum is wheelchair accessible. If required, you can also request for a wheelchair at the venue
- Photography is encouraged. However, the use of flash, tripods or lights is not allowed
- For the use of video cameras, you have to request for a permit at the box office, the cost of which is 45 MXN
- Please note that you are not permitted to touch archaeological, ethnographic or mural pieces
- Smoking is prohibited in all the museum facilities
Tue to Sun
9 AM to 7 PM
Ages 2yrs and below go free. Ages 3-11yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at the main entrance of the National Museum of Anthropology, at 9:50 AM.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Museo Nacional de Antropología
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Take either the Metro Auditorium (Line 7) or the Metro Chapultepec (Line 1) to get here
- The Museum is approximately 1.3 km away from these metro stations
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout