Explore a major highlight of 16th-century Imperial Austria, Innsbruck's Ambras Castle!
- Travel back in time to 16th-century Imperial Austria for a visit to Innsbruck's Ambras Castle.
- Peruse extensive collections of the adored Renaissance prince, Archduke Ferdinand II here.
- Objects made of ivory and coral, scientific objects, and stunning portraits will catch your eye.
- Notice the ceremonial armor for courtly festivals and of famous generals as you walk by.
- Admire over 200 paintings of Titian, Cranach, Velasquez, and more at the Habsburg portrait gallery.
- Step out into the English-landscape Garden, replete with a duck pond and a playground for the little ones.
- Entry into Ambras Castle Innsbruck
- Access to castle ground & art collections
- Audio guide
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Experience the wondrous world of Renaissance at Innsbruck's Ambras Castle. One of the most popular attractions in the city, Castle Ambras boasts precious art collections and magnificent grounds to stroll along. Perched atop a high hill above the Austrian city, this castle has much cultural and historical significance, stemming from Archduke Ferdinand II who promoted the arts and sciences like a true Renaissance prince.
This ticket lets you explore the castle at your own pace, giving you access to the reconstruction of the Archduke's Gallery of Arts and the Gallery of Wonders, the armory, and the Hall of Antiquities, and more. The assemblage of historical pieces like an ancient jousting armor is sure to catch your eye! The Spanish Hall is one of the most impressive Renaissance Halls you'll ever lay eyes on. Finally, walk out into the English-landscape garden with its duck pond and playground, exuding quaint countryside vibes.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Audio guides are properly disinfected after each use.
- This attraction is wheelchair accessible.
- Braille guides are available upon request.
- Daily: 10am - 5pm
- Closed in November
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display a print out of your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: Ambras Castle.
- Address: Schloßstraße 20, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point.
- The closest bus stop is Innsbruck Schloss Ambras, a quick drive to the castle.
- Bus 4134 will bring you here.
Your ticket remains valid from the point of purchase until it is stamped upon entry at the castle.