Small-Group Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour with Hotel Pickup
- Enjoy a memorable experience of visiting one of the world's oldest operating salt mines.
- Follow a guide through its passageways, and see displays of historic salt-mining technology.
- Marvel at the underground lake, chapels, and statues carved out of rock salt by miners.
- Discover all about the unique microclimates that exist in this underground world.
- Choose to have your tour conducted in English, Spanish, French, Russian, German, or Italian.
- Expert English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, German, or French-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance ticket
- English-speaking driver
- Photo permission fees
- Food and drinks
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24h before the schedule.
As one of Poland's greatest historical gems, the Wieliczka Salt Mine is an absolute must-visit. It dates back to the 13th century and is a whopping 287 km of tunnels and caverns carved directly from the salt rock. The first tourist trail was set up here at the turn of the 19th century, and only a couple of decades later, in 1978, was the salt mine declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
With this tour, you get to avoid the hassle of public transportation and set off directly for the mines from Krakow via minivan. Follow an expert guide through the underground trail that passes through drifts, galleries, and chambers. All of these places have traces of mining activity preserved, as well as symbols of religious art, apart from compositions that relate to myths and legends of the mine. What's impressive is that the microclimate of the mine is ideal for visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies. You begin by going down the stairs to a depth of 64 meters. Pass through several chambers and see underground lakes, shrines, and salt monuments. Your tour ends 135 meters below the surface, from where you will return by lift.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- Russian-Guided Tour
- Warm, comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended. The temperature in the salt mine is 17-18 degrees Celsius.
- Photography is allowed (no flash and tripods).
- The allowed size of baggage is 35cm x 20cm x 20cm.
- There is free Wi-Fi available, as well as food and drinks (at your own expense), and a cloackroom.
- Daily at 9:00 AM
- Daily at 12:40 PM
- Daily at 11:15 AM
- Daily at 10:45 AM
- Daily at 1:15 PM
- Daily at 10:10 AM
4 and 5 Apr 2021
1 Nov 2021
24, 25, 26 and 31 Dec, 2021
- From Krakow to Wieliczka Salt Mine: 45 min
- At Wieliczka Salt Mine: 3h
- From the mine to Krakow: 45min
Infants aged 0-4yrs, children aged 5-17yrs, as well as students aged 18-26yrs, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- This is applicable to all hotels, hostels and apartments in Krakow.
- While booking, please provide the address of your hotel.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- The time you chose during checkout is the approximate time of pickup from your hotel. Depending on the location, the time may change by about 30 minutes.
- Your driver will inform you or the reception about the exact pickup time around 8:30 PM on the day before departure.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel. The driver will come by minivan.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.