Guided Tour of the Orsay Museum with Skip The Line Entry
What better way to learn more about French art than going on a guided tour of the Orsay Museum? In the company of an expert guide, you will not only discover French masterpieces but also get an insight into the historical and cultural significance of the Impressionist art movement on a whole. This 2-hour guided tour of the Orsay is the perfect way to introduce yourself to the beauty of French Impressionism paintings.
Orsay Museum Guided Tour Highlights
- Get skip the line access to the Orsay Museum, the museum with the largest Impressionist collection in the world.
- Your knowledgeable guide will take you around the museum and show you the stunning highlights of the museum.
- On this 2-hour guided tour, you will learn about the historical significance of the paintings housed in the Orsay Museum.
- The museum also houses many stunning photographs, sculptures, and decorative arts dating from the mid-19th century to the early 20th century.
- From the open terrace on the top floor, you will be able to enjoy stunning views of Paris and Seine.
Why You Shouldn't Miss This
Established in 1986, the Orsay Museum is one of the newest museums in Paris but also one of the most important. It is an institution that houses paintings from one of the most influential periods of French Art - the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist eras of the late 19the century. The museum is housed in what was once a railway station and the renovated building is a work of art in itself.
Once you walk into the building, you will be in the company of some of the greatest French artists and their works. You will be able to admire masterpieces from artists such as Paul Cezanne, Frederic Bazille, Edgar Degas, Edouard Manet, Claude Monet, Auguste Renoir and Alfred Sisley. The museum also has paintings from the renowned Dutch painter, Vincent Van Gogh. One of his most famous works, A Starry Night, hangs in the Orsay Museum.
At the Orsay Museum, you will not only see famous paintings but also have the chance to catch sweeping views of Paris from its top floor. The Orsay Museum is situated in the heart of Paris, right next to the Seine and is located opposite the famous Tuileries Gardens. The top floor of the museum has an open-air terrace from where you can catch stunning views of the Seine river and Paris, as far as Montmartre.
This beautifully crafted 2-hour guided tour of the Orsay Museum will show you the best highlights of this world-renowned museum. Your guided tour of the Orsay Museum begins at the designated meeting point near the museum where you will meet your licensed guide. Your tour guide will guide you past the long ticket lines straight to the brief security check and then into the museum. You can select a guide fluent in English, Spanish, Italian or German.
With their past experience and first-hand knowledge, your tour guide will lead you through the succession of galleries and give you all the information you'll need to make this visit memorable. Since the paintings are arranged chronologically in the museum, the tour begins on the ground floor and culminates on the top floor. Some of the paintings that you will be able to see on this 2-hour tour are:
- Bal du Moulin de la Galette, Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- View of the Canal Saint-Martin, Sisley
- On the Beach, Edouard Manet
- Starry Night, Vincent Van Gogh
- Bazille’s Studio, Frederic Bazille
- Young Girls at the Piano, Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- The Cardplayers, Paul Cézanne
- The Circus, Georges Seurat
After the tour is over, you can stay as long as you want in the museum and admire your favourite masterpieces again.
- Orsay Museum Priority Access Tickets
- Licensed guide
Know Before You Go
This guided tour of the Orsay Museum is 2-hours long and takes place every day of the week, except Monday and Thursday. The tour begins at 10:30 AM.
On Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday; the museum is open from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM. On Thursday, the museum is open from 9:30 AM to 9:45 PM.
The closest railway station to Orsay Museum is the Solferino station on Line 12. Buses 24, 63, 68, 69, 73, 83, 84, 94 will drop you at the Orsay Museum as well.
How to Redeem your Tickets
• You will receive your Orsay Museum guided tour voucher in a few minutes.
• Carry a printed copy of the voucher to the museum on the day of your visit.
• Display it at the meeting point and exchange the voucher for the tickets.
• The address of the meeting point is 1 Rue de la Legion d'Honneur.
• Proceed to the museum and enjoy your experience.