Skip the Line : Versailles Palace & Gardens Guided Tour
Head to the grand Palace of Versailles and explore this magnificent World Heritage site at your own pace with an expert guide! The guided tour will continue through the lush palace gardens after your tour of the palace interiors and you can admire the wide array of fountains, statues, and exotic flower beds.
- Gain exclusive skip-the-line access to the palace and explore various parts of the palace such as the Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Apartments, the Coronation Room, and the Royal Gardens designed by the renowned André Le Nôtre.
- Learn more about the palace and gardens on this guided tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- A Musical Fountains Show or Musical Gardens Show will be included in the tickets when running (on selected dates).
Skip the Long Lines and Begin Exploring the Palace Immediately
With this ticket, you can skip the long lines and dive right into exploring the opulent palace halls and rooms as soon as you reach your destination. Deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Palace of Versailles received a whopping 7,700,000 tourists in 2017, making it one of the most visited sites in Paris alongside the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. The palace has spacious hallways with several beautiful and intricate sculptures lining the walls. Your guide will help you understand the significance of many of these artefacts as you explore the monument.
Admire Some of the Most Lavish Areas of the Palace
Your tour will begin directly at the Versailles Palace, where you will meet your guide and head inside with the help of your skip-the-line tickets. The King’s Grand Apartment, the Queen’s Grand Apartment, and the Coronation Room are some of the palace’s most gorgeous areas to visit. The Apartment of the King consists of seven interconnected salons, each dedicated to a classical Roman or Greek deity. The salons house some of the most amazing paintings from the Renaissance era, such as the painting of Mercury in his Chariot by Jean Baptiste de Champaigne in the Salon of Mercury, and the Meal at the House of Simon the Pharisee by Paolo Veronese in the Salon of Hercules. You will also have time to explore the famous Hall of Mirrors, a vast hall where guests were received and entertained.
Stroll through the Royal Gardens after your Palace Tour
Designed by André Le Nôtre under the aegis of Louis XIV, the garden in the Versailles Palace is home to over 200 statues, innumerable fountains, sprawling flower beds, and serene ponds. Your tour will continue here after you have made your way through the palace interiors. The garden comes alive with activity in the summer months when various events such as the Grandes Eaux are organized. On selected dates, a Musical Fountains Show or Musical Gardens show will be included in the tickets.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Palace of Versailles
- Entry to Palace Gardens
- Guided Tour of Palace and Gardens
- An expert English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Musical Fountains Show or Musical Gardens Show (on selected dates)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Know Before You Go
- Tickets for the Musical Fountains Show or Musical Gardens are added automatically to the price when running. When not running a standard guided tour of the gardens is provided.
- Some parts of the palace may be temporarily closed for renovation. If this occurs, these areas will be substituted with other important rooms depending on the day of your visit.
- Due to increased security measures at many attractions, some lines may form even with 'Skip the Line' access.
- Please note that Musical Gardens and Fountain show may be subject to last-minute schedule changes that are not under our control.
- The tour runs on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- The tour is scheduled at 10:30 AM and 02:30 PM on Tuesday, and Thursday.
- On Saturday and Sunday, the tour runs at 9:30 AM and 01:45 PM.
- Please check the calendar before booking your tickets.
- The duration of the tour is approximately 2 hours.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children below the age of three will be admitted free of cost.
- Children aged between 4 and 14 will be allowed to enter with a reduced price ticket.
You are advised to wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a lot of walking.
Those with reduced mobility might find it challenging to visit the palace. The palace, however, is wheelchair accessible to some extent.
Photography without flash is allowed inside the premises. Strollers are not allowed.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel this experience up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Kindly check your voucher for the meeting point information and further details.
These tickets are valid for the date selected at the time of the booking.