Sydney Opera House Tour & Tasting Plate at Opera Kitchen
Wander through the Sydney Opera House on this guided tour and learn more about the architecture and design of this iconic Sydney Harbour landmark. Visit the various concert halls and theaters with your guide for an informative and entertaining tour of this cultural hotspot. Finally, enjoy a tasting-plate meal for two at the Opera kitchen, including a chef’s selection of delicious gourmet hot and cold menu items, for the perfect ending to this grand tour.
- Visit the Sydney Opera House on this guided tour and learn more about this iconic Sydney landmark while you admire spectacular views of it.
- Your expert guide will give you an insider’s look at the Opera house and regale you with facts and anecdotes about the museum’s history, the goings-on backstage, and the lives and stories of the many performers.
- End your tour with a delicious tasting-plate meal for two at the Opera kitchen, including a chef’s selection of delicious gourmet hot and cold menu items.
Witness the Opulence of the Opera House
A visit to Sydney is incomplete without a trip to the iconic Sydney Opera House. With this guided tour, you can learn more about it while getting a glimpse at the inner workings of this beautiful landmark. The multi-venue performing arts center houses over 1,500 performances every year, attended by 1.2 million people. On this tour, you can learn about how these shows are organized and performed, as well as find out interesting facts and anecdotes from your guide about this UNESCO World Heritage Site and the many talented performers and artists who put their art on display here. You can also venture into various sections such as the Concert Hall, the Joan Sutherland Theatre, and the Drama Theatre. Get exclusive behind-the-scenes snippets from your engaging and entertaining guide about the history of the building and the many goings-on backstage like what the Opera House staff do behind-the-scenes during performances, and how they go about the productions for each of them.
Finally, you can end your tour with a tasting plate at the Opera kitchen. Designed to share between two people, the Tasting Plate includes a chef’s selection of delicious gourmet hot and cold menu items. You can enjoy your tasting plate after your tour, any time between 11.30 AM and 6 PM at Opera Kitchen. This tour is the perfect experience for any visitor to Sydney Opera House.
- Guided tour of the Opera House
- An expert, knowledgable guide
- A tasting plate for two
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Other personal expenses
Know Before You Go
- No reservations are needed to dine at the Opera Kitchen. You can avail of your tasting plate for two before or after your tour anytime from 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM.
- If you require any vegetarian options or food accommodations for any dietary restrictions/food allergies that you might have, you can simply ask for them when you're dining.
- Please note that you can only bring small handbags during this tour. They need to go through security checks and they must be stored in the cloakroom. Suitcases and large backpacks aren't allowed inside the Opera House.
Timings and Availability
This guided tour can be 30 minutes or 1 hour long and takes place daily from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. This tour departs every 15 or 30 minutes, and you must meet up with your guide at least 15 minutes before your starting time.
This tour isn't available on the following holidays: Good Friday and Christmas Day.
The timings for the various tours are as follows:
Japanese 30-minutes Guided Tour
Daily at 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 AM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:30 PM and 4:30 PM.
Mandarin 30-minutes Guided Tour
Daily, every 15 or 30 minutes from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Mandarin 1-hour Guided Tour
Daily at 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM.
Korean 30-minutes Guided Tour
Daily at 10:15 AM, 11:15 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 2:45 PM, 3:45 PM, and 4:45 PM
English 1-hour Guided Tour
Daily at 9 AM, 10 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12 PM, 1 PM, 1:30 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 5 PM.
There are no fixed timings for dining at the Opera Kitchen. You can avail of your tasting plate for two before or after your tour anytime from 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM.
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in English, Japanese, Korean and Mandarin, depending on your preference.
- Hot: Pumpkin Quiche, Mushroom sliders x 4, Fries, Asian Greens & Silken Tofu Bowl.
- Cold: Rocket, Pear, and Pecorino Salad, Superfood Salad, Sicilian Olives, Baba Ganoush, Chili Hummus Dukkah, Stracciatella Cheese, Bread Sticks and Lavash
- Please note: seasonal menu subject to change
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
Unfortunately, this experience is not accessible by wheelchair.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Sydney Opera House Tour with Tasting Plate mobile voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display your vouchers on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the Opera House to gain entry.
Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Take Bus No. 333, 399, 890, L94, or X94, then get off at Circular Quay Stand E. Once you depart from your bus, walk straight for about 6 minutes to reach the Opera House.
The Opera House is near the Circular Quay Pier. If you want to ride a ship to the Opera House, you can ride any of the ships docked at Wharf 1-5 and the Harbor Master Steps.