Sydney Opera House Backstage Tour
Walk through the Sydney Opera House on this guided tour and learn more about the architecture and design of this iconic Sydney Harbour landmark. Head backstage in the various concert halls and theaters for a behind-the-scenes look at the rehearsal halls and dressing rooms. End your tour with a hot breakfast ins the green room for the opera house staff and performers for the complete insider experience!
- Visit the Sydney Opera House on this VIP guided tour and see what it is like from a insiders point of view.
- Your guide will lead you backstage for a first-hand look at what it is like in the orchestra pit and rehearsal rooms and regale you with facts and anecdotes about the museum’s history, the goings-on backstage, and the lives and stories of the many performers.
- End your tour with a piping-hot breakfast in the green room reserved exclusively for the opera house staff and performers.
Witness the Grandeur of the Opera House
A visit to Sydney is incomplete without a trip to the iconic Sydney Opera House. You will learn more about the backstage inner workings of this beautiful landmark. The multi-venue performing arts center houses over 1,500 performances every year, attended by 1.2 million people from around the world. This tour will provide you with an insider's perspective into how these shows are organized and performed. Your guide will regale you with interesting facts and anecdote about this UNESCO World Heritage Site and the many talented performers and artists who put their art on display here. You will also venture into various sections such as the concert hall, the drama theatre, its studio as well as backstage areas such as the rehearsal spaces and dressing rooms before they open for the general public. Get exclusive behind-the-scenes snippets from your fun and entertaining guide about the history of the building and the many goings-on backstage. Finally, you can end your tour with a sumptuous, piping-hot breakfast with the Opera House staff and performers. This tour is the perfect insider experience for any visitor to the Sydney Opera House.
- 2.5-hour guided tour
- An English-speaking guide
- Small tour group of max. 12 people
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Other personal expenses
Know Before You Go
- Flat, enclosed, rubber-soled shoes must be worn by visitors; if you're not wearing the appropriate shoes, the tour guide will refuse to take you along for the tour.
- Children aged 10+ will be charged the same rate as adults.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, the tour includes approximately 300 steps.
- For safety reasons, children aged 0-9 are not allowed to join this tour. Children aged 10-15 must be accompanied by paying adults at all times.
- Taking videos during this tour is prohibited.
- If you require any vegetarian options or food accommodations for any dietary restrictions/food allergies that you might have, you can simply ask for them when you're dining.
- Please note that you can only bring small handbags during this tour. They need to go through security checks and they must be stored in the cloakroom. Suitcases and large backpacks aren't allowed inside the Opera House.
Timings and Availability
This guided tour is approximately 2.5 hours long and takes place daily. The tour begins at 7:00 AM and you must meet up with your guide at least 15 minutes before the starting time. The tour will begin on time. No refunds will be issued for latecomers and no-shows
This tour isn't available on the following holidays: Good Friday, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in English.
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground in 2.5 hours, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
Unfortunately, this experience is not accessible by wheelchair.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Sydney Opera House Backstage Tour mobile voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display your vouchers on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the Opera House to gain entry.
Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
The meeting point is at the Stage Door located on the ground level (under the monumental Steps).
Take Bus No. 333, 399, 890, L94, or X94, then get off at Circular Quay Stand E. Once you depart from your bus, walk straight for about 6 minutes to reach the Opera House.
The Opera House is near the Circular Quay Pier. If you want to ride a ship to the Opera House, you can ride any of the ships docked at Wharf 1-5 and the Harbor Master Steps.