The Downtown Experience - The Ride
Enjoy an enchanting and immersive tour of Downtown NY and take in its historic sights and landmarks on a tour powered by VR technology and The Ride.
The Downtown Ride Highlights
- Enjoy a 90-minute adventure through Downtown Manhattan and take in the most notable landmarks including the South Street Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge, Governor’s Island and more.
- Using the latest VR technology, you will get to travel back in time and relive the memorable moments of history.
- Relax in the comfort of your luxury, multi-million dollar coach as the storyteller on board provides an immersive narrative based on deeply researched historical facts and knowledge.
- Enjoy original and informative musical and video pieces along with reenactments of some of the most famous scenes in American history on this historical adventure through the streets of New York.
Hop-on the Downtown Experience powered by the Ride and embark on a 90-minute historical adventure exploring Downtown Manhattan and its famous sites. This new multi media adventure features the signature performances of ‘The Ride’ and combines it with the most advanced technology to capture the magic lost in time.
The Downtown Experience is partnered with Timelooper to incorporate virtual reality into this experiential entertainment coach tour of NYC, allowing you to travel back in time and participate in historical moments such as George Washington’s Inaugural, the Black Tuesday of 1929, the journey undertaken by migrants across the sea and more!
On the journey, your guide will narrate an informative story which has its roots in history and is supported by original music and videos. Get on the panoramic bus and see the iconic sights including South Street Seaport, Battery Park, New York Harbor, Ellis Island, One World Trade Centre, Wall Street and more!
Know Before You Go
The tour is available daily at three-time slots. These are 11:00 am, 01:00 pm and 03:00 pm. Please choose your preferred time slot in the next step of your booking process.
The tour group meets at Pier 15, 78 South Street - inside Hornblower Cruises and Events.
The Ride is a family-friendly entertainment experience. There are no age restrictions as such but in case children are creating a nuisance and distracting other patrons then you may be asked to exit the vehicle. Additionally, there are no seat belts on the coach which may make it hard for children under 4 years to sit with ease.
Food and Drink Restrictions:
No food and drinks are allowed on board apart from a bottle of water.
All ticket sales are finals and no refunds/rescheduling requests will be entertained for this experience. In case you miss your bus, we cannot allot a seat on another bus.
How To Redeem Tickets
• You will receive an email with your experience tickets.
• Proceed to the boarding point at Pier 15, 78 South Street.
• Please display the same on your mobile phone to the tour operator before boarding.
• Your ticket is valid for the date and time mentioned only.
200 Water Street, in front of Starbucks, New York City