Normandy D-Day, Juno Beach & Canadian Cementery Tour From Paris
Retrace footsteps of the Canadian troops who fought for France’s liberation at the D-Day sites and the Juno Beach in Normandy. Visit the Juno Beach Centre, walk the sands of the Juno Beach, and explore the insides of German bunkers. Before heading back to Paris, pay your respects to the fallen heroes at the Bény-Sur-Mer Canadian Cemetery.
- Board an air-conditioned coach and enjoy the 2-hour ride from Paris to Normandy
- Listen intently as your tour guide ushers your cozy group of 8 people with anecdotes about Normandy
- At Juno Beach, see the Canada House, the first house liberated in Normandy
- Visit 2 (closed off to the public) German bunkers at the Juno Beach Center
- Pay your respects to the fallen Canadian soldiers at Ardenne Abbey and the Canadian Cemetery
- See Hell’s Corner and the Atlantic Wall Museum, that is preserved inside an imposing Nazi bunker
With German forces entrenched in bunkers along the coast of Normandy, the less than 14,000 Canadian soldiers who parachuted into France knew they had to battle against huge odds. Still, they carried on with courage and helped win the war for Normandy! This tour takes you through the events that played out on D-Day and helps you understand the military history of France.
Your tour begins with a visit to Juno Beach, just 2 hours from Paris. See the Canada House, said to be the first house liberated by the Allied Troops on D-Day and drop by the Juno Beach Center in Courseulles-sur-Mer. You’ll get to see two of the original German bunkers that had been part of the Atlantic Wall, here. They’re normally closed off to the public, so this is a real treat to explore!
Break for lunch for an hour before you visit the Canadian Cemetery in Beny-sur-Mer. Listen to your guide as he or she tells you the tragic stories of the over 2,000 men buried there. Your next stop is Hell’s Corner, the furthest point reached by Canadian troops on D-Day. At Ardenne Abbey, you can pay your respects to the men who died unjustly during the Ardenne Abbey Massacre. End your tour with a visit to The Grand Bunker: Atlantic Wall Museum. The museum is located inside a five-story tall former shooting command of the German forces and has an amazing panoramic view over the English Channel!
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation to and from Normandy on air-conditioned coaches
- Small groups of 8 people or less
- Entry into Juno Beach Centre and 2 German bunkers on Juno Beach
- Entry to Pegasus Bridge
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Since this tour operates in all weather conditions, make sure to dress accordingly
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
Ages 2yrs and below go free. Ages 3-11yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 72h before the schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Please check your email voucher for the exact location of your meeting point
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout