Canal River Cruise with Prague Castle Complex Tour
A combined visit to the two main attractions of Prague, this quick 3-hour tour is sure to leave you with a far better understanding of its history. A laid-back afternoon cruise is included, which will allow you to tour the beautiful city in a different way. Refreshments onboard will rejuvenate you for a tour of the Prague Castle.
- Explore the world-famous Prague Castle complex, along with the eye-catching St. Vitus Cathedral.
- Enjoy a relaxing 45-minute cruise on the Vltava River and drift past the famous monuments of the city.
- Perfect for visitors who want a tour of the main attractions of Prague, but are short on time.
- This tour is also available in German.
- Professional tour guide in English
- Refreshments on board the river cruise
- Professional tour guide in German (optional)
- Interiors of the Prague Castle
- Drop-off at hotel
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 48 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
why you shouldn’t miss this
why you shouldn’t miss this
The capital of the Czech Republic, Prague was one of the political and economic hubs of medieval Europe. It was the seat of power for several Holy Roman Emperors and Kings of Bohemia, and was one of the most prosperous region in the 14th and 15th centuries.
The Prague Castle complex is the largest in the world. A spectacular fusion of several architectural styles- Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque, the Prague Castle offers some of the most breathtaking examples of medieval architecture. It is a UNESCO certified World Heritage Site. Some of the must-see monuments within the castle complex are the St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George’s Basilica, the Golden Lane, Old Royal Palace and many more.The Vltava River is the largest in Prague, and snakes around the city allowing excellent views onboard the cruise ship. Famous spots, such as the Charles Bridge and the Prague Castle will be visible during the cruise.
Old Town has existed since the 9th century. It was originally separated from the outside by the presence of a moat, which is presently covered by the streets of Prague. The Charles Bridge connects the Old Town with the Lesser Town, and in the 15th century, was the main connection between to the Prague Castle. The gorgeous Old Town continues to have the old-fashioned charm, attracting tourists from across the world.
You will have to reach the meeting point at Trips & Tickets, Tynska 7, Prague 1 by 2 PM. It is located in Old Town Square in central Prague, where you will meet your guide. Once you have shown your mobile voucher with a valid photo ID, your tour will begin. You will experience a comprehensive tour of Old Town Prague and understand its vast history and vibrant culture.
You will take a relaxing walk through the Old Town, where your guide will run you through the historical background of the place. Walk through the majestic Clementinum complex, built in the Gothic style. Here you can catch a sight of the dazzling Mirror Chapel, which has mirrors embedded in the walls and the ceiling, providing dazzling views of the shiny marble floor. Your path will lead you to the riverfront, where you will board a “Prague Venice” boat. A 45-minute scenic cruise on the Vltava River awaits. Enjoy some refreshments as you sail along the river and spot some of the older and newer sections of Prague.
Once the cruise is done, you will visit the iconic Charles Bridge, where you can pose for some photos. You will then cross the bridge and explore the picturesque Lesser Town. You will go past the Kampa Island and Lover Bridge. The famous graffiti covered Lennon Wall, inspired by John Lennon and his music, is filled with messages of peace and love. This is also on the itinerary. You will then take a tram up to the centrepiece of the city, Prague Castle. The guided commentary from your guide will help you understand the cultural and historical significance of the Prague Castle. A visit to the St. Vitus Cathedral will follow, where you can catch splendid sights of the city of Prague.
The tour will then come to an end, and you can either continue to explore the castle by yourself or make your way back to the hotel.
know before you go
know before you go
- If you require the tour in a language other than English, please mention it during the booking.
- Tours do not run on 24, 25 & 31 December.
English Guided Tour
1 Jan - 31 Mar
- Thu & Sat: 2pm
1 Apr - 31 Oct
- Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun: 2pm
1 Nov - 30 Dec
- Thu & Sun: 2pm
German Guided Tour
- Wed & Sat: 2pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the boarding point.
- Please arrive at the boarding point 30 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Board your cruise at Building Tynska 7, Prague 1 .
- Address: Týnská 627, 110 00 Staré Město, Czechia.
- The closest bus stop is 8Masná*. It is a quick 2-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 194 to get you there.
- The closest metro station is Náměstí Republiky. It is a quick 5-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board metros B to get you there.