Day Trip to Danube Valley from Vienna
Discover Wachau, a beautiful valley and a UNESCO World Heritage Site along the Danube River. Enjoy hassle-free transfers from Vienna to this picturesque destination.
- Discover the picturesque landscape and lush vineyards of Wachau, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Right next to the Wachau valley is the tranquil Melk Abbey, an attraction that overlooking the Danube river.
- Explore the stunning abbey with a professional guide by your side.
- Enjoy a delectable lunch at a local restaurant in the winter months.
- Take an exciting boat ride on the Danube river in the summer months.
- See the Durnstein ruins nearby, where Richard the Lionheart was once imprisoned.
- Bus trip in a modern coach
- Lunch and walking tour through Krems or Dürnstein in winter
- Boat tour in summer
- Entrance and guided tour at Melk Abbey
- Boat ride in winter
- Lunch at a restaurant in summer
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 24 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Your experience will begin at 9am from the Vienna State opera. This day trip will take you from Vienna to Wachau, a beautiful valley located next to the Danube river in Austria. Board a premium air-conditioned bus, and enjoy a relaxing ride to the destination. You will travel through the serene Austrian countryside and arrive at Durnstein after a short ride.
The ruins of Durnstein castle can be seen on a nearby hill. The English king, Richard the Lionheart, was held captive in this castle in the 12th century. This area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features numerous monasteries, medieval castles, and a breathtaking landscape. One of the highlights of the tour is the Melk Abbey. Located on a rocky outcrop of a cliff, overlooking the Danube River, the Melk Abbey was founded in the latter half of the 11th century. The current abbey was built in 1736 in the Baroque style, and features eye-catching frescoes by Johann Michael Rottmayr and a library with innumerable medieval manuscripts.
After the guided tour, you will take a boat ride on the river during summer, or enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in winter. The day trip will come to an end after this, and you will return to the Vienna State Opera on the bus.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- Day Trip in English
- Day Trip in German
- Day Trip in Spanish
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Summer 2021 (Sep 13 2021- Nov 1 2021) - Mon, Thur, Fri, and Sat at 9am
- Winter 2021 (Nov 2 2021 - Mar 31 2022) - Sat at 9am
- Summer 2022 (Apr 1 2022- Nov 1 2022) - Daily at 9am
- Due to unpredictable events such as high or low water or delays during locks or bridges, a program and/or route change may become necessary.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- Photography is allowed.
Children aged 2-12 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your tour guide across from Operngasse 8 next to the Opera fountain.
- Address: Operngasse 8, 1010 Wien, Austria.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Operngasse 8, Wien.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Oper, Karlsplatz U.
- The station is just 2 minutes away from the meeting point.
- Bus #N71 and #N60 will get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.