Full Day Mont Saint Michel Guided Tour
Explore the magical city of Mont Saint Michel off the shores of Normandy and learn more about the medieval roots of the city with the help of an expert guide! Visit the famous abbey of Mont Saint Michel and marvel at its elegant Gothic architecture.
- Enjoy comfortable bus transfers from Paris to Mont St. Michel and back in an air-conditioned coach
- Feast on a delicious lunch from a local restaurant before taking a shuttle to Mont St. Michel
- Visit the famous abbey and admire its medieval architecture dedicated to the Archangel Michael
- Learn about the fascinating history of the place with the help of an expert English-speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to the abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Round-trip transport from Paris in an air-conditioned coach
- Hotel transfers
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 72 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Mont Saint Michel was amongst the most important island fortifications of France during the Medieval period. An Irish hermit founded the island with a small local gathering of his followers in the 8th century AD. The island held strong against successive assaults during the Hundred Years War between France and England in the 14th and 15th centuries. The site was popularly known as 'St. Michel in the peril of the sea' by pilgrims of the middle ages due to the violent tides that the island experiences, varying up to 14 metres between high tide and low tide water levels.
This tour of Mont Saint Michel is structured to ensure that you do not have to stick to a strict schedule. The island is best experienced organically. The bus will leave Paris early in the morning and take you to the northwestern coast of France. Feast your eyes on the brilliant French countryside on your way to Normandy. Your guide will also give you interesting tidbits of information about the island and its history.
Visit the abbey of Mont Saint Michel and admire the beautiful interiors. An audio guide will help you understand the monument better. For lunch, you have a vast array of options. Try out rustic dishes at the small eateries or choose to have a more sophisticated dining experience at one of the larger restaurants in the area. Bask in the irresistible medieval atmosphere one last time before heading back to Paris in your comfortable bus.
know before you go
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is plenty of walking involved
- Those with reduced mobility should note that the climb up to the abbey can be tiring
- In the winter, it is recommended to wear warm clothing
- Bear in mind that the last admission is 1 hour before closing time
- The tour runs on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- 7am to 9pm
Ages 2 and under go free. Ages 3-12yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at Cité de l'architecture et du patrimoine, 1 Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre, 75116 Paris, France
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Cité de l'architecture et du patrimoine
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- The exact meeting point is in front of the main entrance to the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot. This is directly in front of the Cité de l'architecture et du patrimoine
- The best way to reach the Cité de l'architecture et du patrimoine office is by metro
- Take lines 9 or 6 and get off at the metro stop Trocadero. Follow the exit signs to the Eiffel Tower (the signs are brown). The exit is number 1
- See the Palais de Chaillot directly on your left. Your guide will be waiting just outside the metro exit holding a sign
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout