Skip-The-Line Ticket: Château d'Angers
Visit the mighty fortress of Château d'Angers, enjoy superb views of the city and river, walk around its ramparts, and see its tiny vineyard and well-maintained gardens. The biggest draw here is the 104-meter Apocalypse tapestry that illustrates the Book of Revelations!
- Explore the heart of a Château d'Angers and discover the gardens, moat, drawbridge, courtyard and the chapel
- See the legendary Apocalypse Tapestry - the largest woven work in medieval history
- Walk around the ramparts for romantic views of the entire city
- Skip-the-line entry into Château d'Angers
- Hotel transfers
- Food and drinks
- Audio guide available on site for +3€
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd worden. Je kunt ze echter op elk moment gebruiken tot 26 abr, 2024.
Deze tickets zijn geldig tot 26 abr, 2024.
Located in the heart of the town of Angers lies a medieval fortress called Château d’Angers. The structure oozes romance and history - it was founded in the 9th century by the Counts of Anjou and expanded in the 13th century by the young Saint-Louis, son of King Louis VIII, because of its strategic position next to the Maine River. Featuring 17 towers, the massive medieval fortifications have an almost fairy-tale-like charm to them!
Inside, enjoy priority access and discover an actual treasure: the famed Apocalypse tapestry. At 140m in length, it is the largest woven work of medieval art and depicts the historical, social, and political context of the 14th century in France – the time of the Hundred Years War, plague, and famine. It took seven years to complete and its six-meter-high panels, which depict 90 scenes, are beautifully lit in a well-lit gallery. Stroll through the rest of the fortress and admire the residential buildings and carefully tended gardens that grow in the now dried-up moats. While you’re here, don’t miss the chance to walk along the ramparts of the château to get a panoramic view of Angers.
know before you go
know before you go
- The monument is open and welcomes you in complete safety
- Limited number of visitors
- Adapted visit circuit
- Each visitor is invited to respect the safety instructions indicated upon entering the monument
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory in the monument
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be at your disposal at the reception of the monument before your visit
- Reminder of barrier gestures
- Carry your credit or debit card with you as it is safer to do cashless transactions, in case you want to shop for souvenirs
- No luggage is allowed
- Group size: 25 people maximum
2 May to 4 Sept
- Daily: 10am - 6:30pm
5 Sept to 30 April
- Daily: 10am - 5:30pm
- Except on 24 and 31 Dec when the monument closes at 4:30pm.
Closed on 1 Jan, 1 May, and 25 Dec.
The last access to the attraction is 45-min before closing time.
Temporary exhibitions and the Royal House close 30-min before closing time.
The Apocalypse Gallery, the chapel, and the bookshop shut 15-min before closing time
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at Château d'Angers, 2 Promenade du Bout du Monde, 49100 Angers, France
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Château d'Angers
- The nearest bus stop is Chateau. Catch bus #4, 5, 6 or 8 to get here
These tickets are open-dated. Enter anytime within the operating hours.