Caminito del Rey From Ardales
Walk the path of the kings on this trekking tour of El Caminito del Rey from Ardales. Follow an expert local guide as you explore the walkway, capture photographs of the dramatic scenery and marvel at rugged rock formations.
- Get ready for a thrilling experience walk along the King's Little Pathway
- Enjoy an adventure at high altitudes with an expert guide
- Stand in awe of the Desfiladero de Los Gaitanes canyon
- Bask in the beauty of the cliffs in the Natural Site Los Gaitanes Gorge
- Entry into Caminito del Ray
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Food and drinks
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the schedule.
El Caminito del Rey is an elevated walkway that winds its way around a rugged canyon above the Río Guadalhorce near Ardales, in the province of Málaga, Spain. It was built at the turn of the 20th century and its main function was to connect two hydroelectric power stations.
As time passed by, the site fell into disrepair and infamously came to be known as the world's most dangerous walkway. This was after a series of daredevils plummeted to their death trying to cross it. Since then, El Caminito del Rey has been given a multimillion-euro refurbishment and is once again safe for tourists to explore. The route runs between the Guadalhorce-Guadalteba reservoir and the town of El Chorro. It is a walk parallel to the railroad tracks - and you can enjoy hiking along the famous route of the Gaitanes and Gaitanejo gorge, with areas only 1 meter wide.
Your tour will depart from the municipality of Ardales until it ends in Álora. The route takes about two and a half hours to complete and takes place over 7 kilometers. It is completely safe, and you will go on exploring at a smooth and relaxed pace. Along the way, take in the spectacular views of the rock formations. Follow your expert guide on this way of the kings and discover its best viewing spots, as well as the relevance of the area in Spanish contemporary history.
know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people who are pregnant, have reduced mobility or heart problems
Daily from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Ages 8-17 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Restaurante El Kiosko .
- Address: Parque Ardales, Pantano El Chorro, s/n, 29550 Ardales, Málaga.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Restaurante El Kiosko.
- The closest bus stop is El Kiosco, which is within a 1-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Bus M-347 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.