Caves of Drach Tour From Palma Port, Mallorca
Visit the spectacular caves of Mallorca on this exciting tour. Admire the millennia-old stalactites and stalagmites at the Caves of Drach and listen to a lovely musical performance at Europe’s largest underground lake.
- Sail away on a cruise boat journey to the bustling port of Palma de Mallorca.
- Meet a friendly local guide and set off exploring the east of Mallorca.
- Discover how the iconic Mallorca pearls are created and shop for some if you'd like.
- Tour the famous Caves of Drach, enjoy a classical music concert, and go on a boat trip across Lake Martel.
- If time permits, you will even have a photo stop at Porto Cristo, famous for its beautiful turquoise waters.
- Transport by an air-conditioned coach with pick-up and drop-off by the cruise area
- Expert Mallorca guide
- Entrance to the Caves of Drach
- Travel insurance
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Once you board your ship, sail away into the bustling port of Palma de Mallorca. A friendly local guide will collect you close to where your ship docks. Together, you will set off towards the east of Mallorca, where your first stop is to see the famous Mallorca pearls. Watch as unique, handcrafted jewelry is being made in front of you, and purchase some if you so wish.
Your next stop is at the extraordinary Caves of Drach. While they were already known about during the Middle Ages, it was only in 1896 that French scientist E.A. Martel discovered the cave containing the lake that bears his name today. In 1935, the cave was open for visitors and included a new entrance, building paths, stairs, and, above all, electric lighting designed by the engineer, Mr. Buigas. A tour of the cave takes approximately an hour, the length being about 1,200 meters, and includes a classical music concert and a boat trip across Lake Martel. The temperature inside is about 21°C and the humidity 80%, and the path takes you through a fascinating underworld full of stalactites and stalagmites.
If there is time, you will make a photo stop at Porto Cristo, a little, picturesque fishing village with lovely turquoise waters. After this, you will head back to the port at Palma.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- A safe distance of one meter between guests will be maintained whenever possible.
- Face masks have to be worn mandatorily. Make sure to bring your own. You will be refused admittance without one.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be available before, during, and after the service for both guests and excursion staff.
- All staff operating the service will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Transportation vehicles will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At attractions and monuments, the maximum permitted capacity will be reduced according to the current local rules.
Depending on the day, there are 2 timetables:
- Sun and Mon - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Tue, Wed, Fri, and Sat - 9 AM to 2 PM and 2:20 PM to 7 PM
- Thu - No departures
Please note that in November the tour only operates at the 9 AM to 2 PM schedule.
Children aged 3-12 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the boarding point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Once you have made the booking, we will send you an email with the booking details, and then a second email confirming the departure time and departure point.
- Your shore excursion departs directly from the cruise area.
If your ship is docked at Estacion Maritima number 1,2,3 or 4:
- Your shore excursion departs from the bus stop in front of Estacion Maritima number 2.
- When you disembark your ship, turn right and proceed to Estacion Maritima number 2.
- Look for the white sign on the roof of the building that says "Estacion Maritima number 2."
If your ship is docked at Estacion Maritima number 5,6, 7 or 8:
- Your tour departs from the Escuela Nautica building, which is an approximately 5-minute walk from the pier.
- Exit the cruise area, pass the security gate, walk for about 150 feet, and the Escuela Nautica building will be on your left.
- The bus will be waiting for you in front of the building.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.