Aït Ben Haddou & Telouet Kasbah Day Tour from Marrakesh
Embark on a day trip from Marrakech through the High Atlas Mountains to Kasbah Telouet and the fortified Kasbah of Aït Benhaddou, where famous Hollywood blockbuster films, such as Indiana Jones and The Gladiator were shot!
- Enjoy scenic views of the High Atlas Mountains on your journey to Morocco’s best kasbahs
- Travel off the beaten path to see the abandoned kasbah of the El Glaoui family in Telouet
- Walk around the fortified village of Ait-Ben-Haddou, where plenty of Hollywood films were shot
- Get an understanding of Berber culture and traditions with the help of an expert guide
- Guided tour of the Atlas Mountains
- Expert guide (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Arabic-speaking)
- Round-trip hotel transfers
- Gratuities (optional)
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
After getting picked up in Marrakesh, head out in an air-conditioned vehicle on a picturesque drive across the largest mountains in North Africa. Along the way, soak in uninterrupted views of the High Atlas Mountains and its beautiful valleys. Your first stop is at Kasbah Telouet at 07H30, which is being asphalted for easier accessibility. Listen to your guide tell you the fascinating history of this crumbling yet stunning village and its role in the struggle for Moroccan independence. A hidden gem in the desert, this was once the seat of the El Glaoui family's power.
From here, head to the village of Ait-Ben-Haddou, located atop a hill in the Souss Massa Draa region, along the Ouarzazate River. It was once a major stop for traders carrying gold, salt, and slaves through the caravan route across the Sahara. Several Hollywood blockbusters were filmed here, including Game of Thrones, Indiana Jones and The Gladiator. The lower part of the village was reconstructed, and in recent years, the UNESCO carried out more restoration work.
Break for lunch at a local restaurant in Ait-Ben-Haddou, where you can enjoy your meal against the panoramic backdrop of the kasbah. Make your way back to Marrakech via the Tizi n’Tichka Pass, that takes you through some of the High Atlas’ most beautiful sites over nearly 200 kilometers.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- Arabic-Guided Tour
- This tour is led by a driver-guide. If the group includes more than 9 people, a local guide will accompany the driver as well
- Dress according to the weather. Note that you will be walking long distances. Make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes
Ages 3yrs and below go free. Ages 4-12yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Pick-up service is available for your hotel in Marrakech
- Please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- If the accommodation is not accessible by car, please send the tour operator the name of your hotel or riad, to provide you with the Google Map link of the nearest location where you can meet the driver
- The drop off is at the same place of pick-up
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout